posting qtvrs on facebook

Q&A about the latest versions
bmiller

Can you recommend a program that can create or convert qtvrs from panoramics or single shot 360 files so that they can be posted online and downloaded. Most users would be interested in the ability to post the photos to facebook or youtube.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Brian
RBilsland

Brian,

It is possible to put interactive panorama onto Facebook by using the Flash Embed application. Unfortunately It is not possible to have the panorama loaded automatically (due to Facebook security restrictions I believe), but what you end up with is a image that has to be clicked for the flash panorama to be loaded. I have a panorama on my Facebook account and the initial image that is displayed is the initial view of the panorama but with some "click to view" text overlayed on it.

Hope this helps,

Bob Bilsland.
360Texas

I do not have or use facebook or youtube. I know a person that is interested in trying to see her panorama in Youtube. Anyone know if this is possible? She tried uploading a QTVR .mov yesterday and it would not accept this type of .mov. Meaning its a QTVR .mov now a Quicktime .mov. Does uploading to facebook or Youtube a panorama flash .swf work ? Or would she have to convert the .mov or .swf to a flat non interactive movie using Pano2movie software.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
centreofengland

360Texas wrote:I know a person that is interested in trying to see her panorama in Youtube. Anyone know if this is possible?
I have been a member of Youtube since 2006, YouTube is strictly for showing videos only, it is not possible to show any kind of "user interactive" media such as flash/Quicktime panoramas on it. Its simply not designed for that.
The only possible way you could show a panorama on youtube would be if you moved it around yourself while recording your movements using a screengrabber such as Fraps or as you have suggested "Pano2movie" but this seems a bit pointless as the whole idea of a panorama is that the viewer can control the view they see.

I have just had a go with Pano2movie V2.1 and it does quite a good job but you probably need to use the "Converted QT Movie" export option to use a better codec thats suitable for YouTube.

Hope this helps answer your question.
Andy

My YouTube Channel :
http://www.youtube.com/user/comedyhunter
360Texas

Thank you Andy

We do appreciate your help on this one.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
centreofengland

I have just made a video for YouTube in which I have used Pano2Movie quite a bit. I first created my QTVR's using Pano2VR then used Pano2Movie to record and create my movement sequences, I then imported these into Sony Vegas 9 Pro.
My complete video uses about 90% footage made using Pano2Movie, I have mixed it with real video and a few ken burns effects applied to static images.

This project came about because I actually visited this location in order to take lots of Panoramic photographs, while there I took a few short video clips too. When back home I looked at the videos and wished that I had recorded more video footage. My answer to this problem was Pano2Movie as it allowed me to create video-like pans from my Pano2VR QTVR's and incorporate them into the real video footage.

The first pan starts at 0:30, the sun rays which start at 0:45 I created using the "Light Rays" effect on the timeline in Sony Vegas 9 Pro to give the illusion of the Sun.

The sequence that starts at 4:17 shows what you can do using Pano2Movie as this kind of movement would not be possible with a video camera because I am panning to the ground while standing on stepping stones that are in the middle of the river!
At 4:33 I used the FOV markers in Pano2Movie to zoom in, as you can see this made a very odd effect which makes it look like we are moving in mid air.

Click the link below to see my final video I created.
Its in HD so best quality is acheived by selecting 720p HD mode and then fullscreen.

Dovedale, A Beautiful place in Derbyshire Peak District
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGKXVoLXzUs

Hope you like it

I published a brief description of how to use Pano2Movie on my blog :
http://derbyphotoscouk.blogspot.com/201 ... ments.html

Hope this information is of use to some people.

Thanks
Andy

Thanks
Andy