Pano naming

Q&A about the latest versions
Mnollock

Hi all, I seem to be having a slight issue with my user data displaying. I have a set of 8 panos which I have linked together. As part of the skin are three text boxes "userdata.title" "userdata.description" & "userdata.dateTime". These all work fine for the first page, but do not update when I change to the next panorama? I'm sure I've read somewhere in the forum that this is possible, but can't for the life of me remember where it was. Can anyone help?
"I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do"

http://www.a-p-design.co.uk
smooth

You must use the place holders $ut, $ua, $ui, $ci etc within the skin.

Take a look at the default installed "controller_new_userdata.ggsk" file for a good look at how it works.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Mnollock

Hi Smooth, I tried this yesterday and I got an error message, saying title is not defined, or something similar like that. But I'll have another look now, and see if I can workout where I went wrong! Cheers!

Alan P.

*edit - sorted, I had 'evaluate' turned on, I presume that's wasn't working as it's working fine now!
"I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do"

http://www.a-p-design.co.uk
Mowog

I'm working on a panorama in v2.2.2. The title and information fields contain 2-byte Japanese characters that display fine in Pano2VR but when the QTVR is output, the 2-byte characters change. For example, 店内 becomes ??. The more Japanese characters I have, the more question marks I get.

In QuickTime Pro, I can edit the fields to put the proper Japanese in, but I shouldn't have to.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Mowog wrote:I'm working on a panorama in v2.2.2. The title and information fields contain 2-byte Japanese characters that display fine in Pano2VR but when the QTVR is output, the 2-byte characters change. For example, 店内 becomes ??. The more Japanese characters I have, the more question marks I get.

In QuickTime Pro, I can edit the fields to put the proper Japanese in, but I shouldn't have to.
I will look into this.
MfG, Thomas