struggling With html output

Q&A about the latest versions
Bigwunder

Good morning everyone,
I am nearing my first week as a proud owner of Pano 2VR and have really enjoyed the challenge of learning a new software. I have been able to to figure out how to connect swf files to create a virtual tour of my office with hotspots and so on, and have even been able to email them to my boss so he could see I'm not just sitting in my office watching you tube all day. One thing I noticed when using the only the swf files though, is that my full screen toggle button has lost its functionality. this is no big deal but it negates the lesson I learned on scaling my company logo. The second problem in using just the swf files is that it ask the user to to pick a program to open them with upon clicking the first one. Again, I know it is easy to pick IE from the list and continue, but I have several customers that are not very computer savvy, so I am looking for a way to make it work by just clicking the first file.
I have been advised to start outputting my files in html, but have run into some problems and questions. First of all, I only have about a 10% success rate on the HTML file coming out right. Most of the time, when I create the file it opens the page fine but the page is all white, has no pano in it and all that is visible on the page is a link that says close. For a while I thought that you could not create a html file with a skin on your pano but for some reason I got one to work. When I tried to do a second one I just got the white page with the close link on it. Does anyone have ant suggestions as to why it is so randomly successful?

secondly, Is it even possible to produce a deliverable for a customer that is in html that I can email them and they use it locally or have their sysadmin put it on their website? I understand that they would have to have the 3 file types to do so, but I am confused as to whether I can create a fully interactive tour with hotspots in the html format that will work like the ones that just use the swf files. Or do you have to code the framework around the files to make them interact..........

Sorry for the wall of text I know its rude but I have a lot of questions that I just can't wrap my brain around.

Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated,
Bill
360Texas

I too have similar issues.

I use a PC.

Issue 1.
I create an html Pano2VR html and mini web page and put it on DVD or CD. Send DVD to my client. She puts DVD into drive and it does not work. Lesson Learned: She is using a Mac. And dvd formated to system type: UDF
I create an html mini web page and put it on Flash Thumb drive. Send Flash Thumb drive to my client. She puts Flash Thumb drive into USB socket and Flash Thumb drive does not work. Must be formated to FAT32

Send .swf zipped directly to client via email. She clicks on it and it does not display.
She needs to install a STAND ALONE Mac version of Adobe Flash viewer:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
Flash viewer 10 Projector content debugger Standalone PC version for developers
(flashplayer_sa_debug.EXE 4.87mb). Mac version is also found here.

So you must understand the Pano2VR does work. Sometimes computer hardware causes issues.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Bigwunder

My problem was, that I couldn't even get the file to output in html form, I think I just figured out the problem.........
the file name for my pano that i inserted into Pano2VR was this " bill's office pano" it would create the swf file but would not create a working file in html. It was driving me crazy because some of my other files like "office parking lot" worked just fine. I figured out that because I had an odd character in my file name, the apostrophe ( ' ) it was mucking the whole thing up. Just proving again and again that I am not cut out for the technical revolution. :lol:

now if I can just figure out a simple way to send this stuff to customers without having to learn how to build web pages I will be off and running. though I have a feeling that it will not work that way.
360Texas

"Just proving again and again that I am not cut out for the technical revolution"

Hey, I am 66 years old. I look at all this as a positive learning experience and consider it fun !

"now if I can just figure out a simple way to send this stuff to customers without having to learn how to build web pages I will be off and running. though I have a feeling that it will not work that way."

You understand the issue. Thats the first step. Part of figuring out a delivery technique... is understanding what your client [manager] needs to see the flash panoramas. That is why I provided a link to the updated stand alone flash player. It might only be that they need to have it installed on their computer.

If you can use a word processor or spreadsheet, then you certainly can use PC Notepad to edit an html file to change the file name then resave the file to another filename.

Did I forget to mention that with the Adobe Flash stand alone player installed.... you click on the filename.swf and it is then displayed on the screen. No html webpage necessary.

Did I mention that i turned 66 few days ago January 25.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Happy birthday Dave, 66 the year I was born! :lol:
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bigwunder

That's some great advice, I really do appreciate all of you guys that are nice enough to help out someone that really knows nothing about this stuff, I know it must get tiring answering the same simple or stupid questions, but I get a good feeling from these forums that you guys really enjoy helping others who are having possibly the same trouble that you once did. I have a lot to learn about this new hobby, but am very excited to see that I don't have to go it alone.

thanks again to all of you,
Bill
360Texas

Pls remember that there is a search feature on this forum. The questions you asked about interoperability are good for us because I think it is a topic that needs more forum review. "What goes around eventually comes back around to us".

Your questions help build a more complete forum knowledge information base for which others can search on this topic and get answers. So its a good thing. Your questions are valued.

Certain terms I do not use are like " stupid " and " problems ". There are no stupid questions, just questions that have yet not been answered. There are no problems - just opportunities for which we can learn to excel. If it sounds like I just returned from a Motivational Leadership Analysis Seminar.... no but I do have the seminar guide book in my right hand. parked at page 250 #7 Aid the Learner to Evaluate His Reponses. Improving skill sets.

Also this comment should alert the 'the person in search of the truth' that we [accumulative forum readers] are not being nosy... just need more information about their issue so we can provide a better valued solution.

I think we ARE we having fun !
EDIT #24
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

OH and Hopki,

You are very observant. Thank you.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

lets separate out the questions:

I am nearing my first week as a proud owner of Pano 2VR and have really enjoyed the challenge of learning a new software.
>> This is a good thing.

I have been able to to figure out how to connect swf files to create a virtual tour of my office with hotspots and so on, and have even been able to email them to my boss so he could see I'm not just sitting in my office watching you tube all day.
>> ok

One thing I noticed when using the only the swf files though, is that my full screen toggle button has lost its functionality. this is no big deal but it negates the lesson I learned on scaling my company logo.
>> ok but not sure about the loss of functionality.. need more information or.. show us by posting on your web site so we can see what works ....

The second problem [edit read "issue" in using just the swf files is that it ask the user to to pick a program to open them with upon clicking the first one. Again, I know it is easy to pick IE from the list and continue, but I have several customers that are not very computer savvy, so I am looking for a way to make it work by just clicking the first file.
>> ok I think the installation of the 'stand alone' viewer would work here.

I have been advised to start outputting my files in html, but have run into some problems [read 'issues'] and questions.
First of all, I only have about a 10% success rate on the HTML file coming out right. Most of the time, when I create the file it opens the page fine but the page is all white, has no pano in it and all that is visible on the page is a link that says close. For a while I thought that you could not create a html file with a skin on your pano but for some reason I got one to work.

>> typically when you enable the HTML create function.. it creates the .html file AND a support file called p2q_embed_object.js. Both these files must be in same folder as the .swf. Way it works is click on the html, it calls the .js and the .swf file then displays the flash .swf on the screen. The function of the .js file is... it checks to see if your visitors browser has the most current version [Flash ver 9 or 10] on their computer. If not it directs them [while online] to adobies website to update their browser version of Flash.

When I tried to do a second one I just got the white page with the close link on it. Does anyone have ant suggestions as to why it is so randomly successful?
>>> Probably missing the p2q_embed_object_.js file.

secondly, Is it even possible to produce a deliverable for a customer that is in html that I can email them and they use it locally or have their sysadmin put it on their website? I understand that they would have to have the 3 file types to do so, but I am confused as to whether I can create a fully interactive tour with hotspots in the html format that will work like the ones that just use the swf files. Or do you have to code the framework around the files to make them interact..........
>> just zip all your html, .swf AND the .js files

Sorry for the wall of text I know its rude but I have a lot of questions that I just can't wrap my brain around.

>> no issues... not rude.. and I do not think we have answered all your questions yet... so please provide meaningful feedback so we can help you make this work for you.

Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated,
BillBigwunder

Private messageE-mail
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

One last item please.... if you would please tell us what part of the world you are located in, it would help us understand certain forum response delays.

360Texas.com
Fort Worth, Texas USA
Central Texas Time zone UTC -6
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Bigwunder

I am in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA