New user questions

Q&A about the latest versions
Wal

I am a QTVR user and have just tried the pano2vr demo. The quick time output works fine but when I create to flash I just get a grey box with no movie.

Html appears to work ok although using the automatic mode renders a jerky automatic movie when viewing full screen. The smaller files appear to run faster and smoother.

Please could someone give me some advice as to whether this is a settings issue. I am on PC.
smooth

Be sure you have the latest version of Flash installed 10.0.12.36 from memory.

Jerky movement could be a direct result of your CPU and graphics card. Is this for only your movies or all movies? What are your computer specs?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Wal

Hi

I'm using the latest flash WIN 10,0,12,36.

This particular PC is 3Ghz P4 with 2.5 gig of ram.

Some other flash movies on the web run fine, whilst others step around a little.

Any ideas why the flash file just renders as a grey box?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wal wrote: Any ideas why the flash file just renders as a grey box?
I guess you have an old Flash standalone player installed. Download and install the latest Flash standalone player from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
MfG, Thomas
Wal

I have the latest flash player installed although it is not the default viewer.

When I right click on a flash file I can only see Flash Player 6 listed as an option (along with other programs) but no Flash Player 10.
360Texas

About a year ago I went through this same mis-matching of Flash players. We now use MS Vista. It might help if you remove all Flash players from your computer and then install the most current version of the stand alone Flash player. Then install the update Active X browser version.

-------------------
Find the Flash uninstaller (removes Macromedia Flash) Uninstaller is now located in an Adobe Knowledge Base page

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=1
(uninstall_flash_player.exe)
----------------------

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Download and run the Stand alone Flash player - this player does not need your browser to view flash content.
Flash viewer 10 Projector content debugger Standalone PC version for developers
(flashplayer_sa_debug.EXE 4.87mb)

Download and install Flash viewer version 10 Active X control content for PC IE 7 Browsers
(flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe) or go to Adobe's website and auto install Flash Player.

If you are using an alternate browser like Foxfire etc visit their website for the browser plug-in

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Wal

Thanks I'll give it a go.