Adding Nadir logo

Q&A about the latest versions
jeroen

When making 360 photo's I always have the problem of my tripod being captured. Due to low light and strong contrast I make make HDR pictures up to 30 seconds so the tripot is realy needed.

I am trying to add a logo to my panorama on the spot of the tripot; but having a hard time doing it; Is there any better way then doing it this way:
1. take pictures (no nadir shot possible due to low light conditions)
2. process images in ptgui
3. convert image via Pano2VR to horizontal cross (als set right default view so logo is in right direction)
4. edit image in Photoshop (add logo)
5. add hotspots (eq logo-link)
5. process image via Pano2VR to a Flash file.

I have 2 problems with this workflow
1. Its quite some time consuming (about 4-6 hour prossing time each pano (without manual work in ptgui))
2. if i do it low resolution the panorma's look more unsharp the pano's generated from the original ptgui-photo
If i do it high resolution its slower (6 to 8 hours)) and the pano has black gaps.

Thanks in advance.
Jeroen / Amersfoort / The Netherlands
bemol73

You can easily insert a nadir logo with Pano2VR via the patch tool. You can check this tutorial, it won't take more than 2 min for each nadir.
Thomas Demolliens
http://www.immersium.fr/blog
Nikon 300D + Nikor 10.5mm + 360Precision Absolute
smooth

You could consider using a "Floating" tripod cap. See this thread

There are also Photoshop actions available online to add a tripod cap in batch mode.

Easypano's Panoweaver software can add a cap to both zenith and nadir (if you choose) in the stitching process.

All things to consider and ponder.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jeroen

bemol73 wrote:You can easily insert a nadir logo with Pano2VR via the patch tool. You can check this tutorial, it won't take more than 2 min for each nadir.
Thomas,

Great; this is even more simple then expected. This software is keeps amazing me!

Thanks

@Smooth
For me a "bridge to far" atm; First I need the website up & running before feb the second ;-)

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction! :D

Mnollock

I know that this has already been answered but thought I'd give another suggestion. We process our equirectangular images with a piece of software called Cubic Converter, which exports six cube faces. The bottom cube face is then edited with Photoshop and the six cube faces imported back into Pano2vr.

Alan P.
"I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do"

http://www.a-p-design.co.uk
jeroen

Mnollock wrote:We process our equirectangular images with a piece of software called Cubic Converter, which exports six cube faces.
I choised some other software to do the stitching; moslty beceause of good reference of others.

Thanks for sharing your solotion :)

smooth

Mnollock wrote:I know that this has already been answered but thought I'd give another suggestion. We process our equirectangular images with a piece of software called Cubic Converter, which exports six cube faces. The bottom cube face is then edited with Photoshop and the six cube faces imported back into Pano2vr.

Alan P.
Alan,

Pano2VR can export 6 cubic faces. Seems you are using another software package for no reason.
Also I believe Cubic Converter is MAC?

Regards, Smooth 8)
jeroen

smooth wrote:I believe Cubic Converter is MAC?
I read on http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconverter/

Requirements
• Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar or later
• QuickTime 6.1 or later

So you must be right :mrgreen: