Directional Sound "Blast from the Past"

Q&A about the latest versions
smooth

OK, I was digging through my archives looking for something completely different and stumbled across my old directional sound panorama sample.
This was based on the the work of Greg Bays and works only on Windows (because the sound requires Windows Media player .wma) and the pano itself is Java.

Check it out because this is the sound feature we all want for Pano2VR

You will note there are (3) sound fields that come and go with fade based on direction.
http://www.smooth360.com/sound

Not a work of art by pano standards but remember this was 2004 and boy has the world changed since then!
Was back in the days of PTViewer Java, No .png support and anything over 1mb deemed too large for download........

Can't wait for Thomas to add this feature to Pano2VR.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jwesq

I very much agree. The sound has brought your picture to life.

The lack of controllable and hotspot sound is really holding the development and acceptance of the art back.

Please, Thomas, put it to the top of your list - followed closely by integration of Google Maps.

Regards,

John
smooth

John,

For me directional sound and a way to display Google (Type) GPS maps are the two most important issue's also.
Adding Flash inserts which is a hot topic now is further down the list.

Of course we would like everything and then some... :D

But to be a step ahead of the opposition in some respects is always a good method to draw new customers to the program.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth
Quite agree, seeing a post from Thomas sound is next up in 2.3. I have been playing with flash inserts but it’s just a bit of fun,

Customers like souns, bring it on!
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/