Pano2VR 2.2.0 released

Q&A about the latest versions
Rob Gorham

Under the Tools tab, Pano2VR offers Batch Processing as a drag and drop application. There is a lot of FORUM discussion on batch processing, but the limitations of the Droplet sounds as if we are restricted to 5 or 6 equirectangular files.

I have a project with 75 panos - each has the same hotspot location (the tripod cap), all use the same rotation speed and image quality. The user data will be the same for all the panos. I want to keep the equi-rectangular file name as the panoramic file name (just adding .swf or mov). In the past, my failure to properly set up the Batch tool simply produced a dozen files with 12 different names (each taken from the equi-rectangular image names, but each pano was the same pano. All the panos were the same image.

I'd like to run all 75 panos as QT files and then re-run the same set again to create Flash 10 files.
Is there guidance for how we should set up and use the drag and drop Batch Processing tool?
Thanks
Rob
Wim.Koornneef

Rob Gorham wrote:I have a project with 75 panos - each has the same hotspot location (the tripod cap), all use the same rotation speed and image quality. The user data will be the same for all the panos. I want to keep the equi-rectangular file name as the panoramic file name (just adding .swf or mov).
Hello Rob,

Fortunately there is no limit to the number of images for batch processing so 75 panos is no problem.
When working with so much panos it can be annoying if you find out after finishing the projekt that there are mistakes, a typo, to fast or to slow rotation, wrong start view, etc. You get the picture....

I suggest you limit the project to 2 or 3 images for practising and try-out and run the full bunch of 75 images when you know how to use the Batch Tool.
Start a new project with one of the equirectangulars, fill in all the data that is needed, set the parameters of the pano, select a HTML template (if needed) and create the output. Inspect this carefully and make adjustments if needed.
The output (pano and html file) will have the same name as the equirectangular and only the extension will be changed, just as you want.

In case you want to change the file name you can rename your equirectangulars or change the default pano/html name format "$n". When Pano2VR is creating the pano and html files "$n" will be replaced by the name of the equirectangular.
You can add whatever you want to it so "$n_any_custom_text" will work fine.

If the output is checked and OK then start the Batch Tool from the application menu and drop a few other equirectangulars in the Batch Tool window, if needed you can select some options, f.e. to create a projekt file for each pano and run the tool.

Each pano and html file that is created will have the name of its parent equirectangular so you don't have to be affraid that all panos are the same.
Just try it out and I am sure you will be happy about the ease of use of the Batch Tool.

BTW, you can create Flash and QTVR panos in the same run, this will save you a lot of time as the cube faces that Pano2VR creates to construct the panos have to be created (the remap stage) just one time.

Although the pano files created from the same parent equirectangular will have unique names for Flash and QTVR (by the different file extension) the HTML files will have the same ".html" extension, hence the last created HTML file will overwrite the previous one.
You can avoid this by adding an extra item in the name format of one (or both) of the HTML files.
By default the name format is "$n.html" but by changing this in "$n_qtvr.html" or "$n_flash.html" (or whatever addition after "$n" you like to use) you make the name of each html file unique.

Success,

Wim