Package viewer does not "remember" fullscreen or kiosk mode

Q&A about the latest versions
kronpano

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a Windows mini computer connected to a projector so that it starts the package viewer and a certain tour in fullscreen mode when the power is turned on in the little museum.
Got the mini computer to start up on power on and the projector as well but when it starts the tour package automatically it is not going full screen.

I tried to follow the video here https://player.vimeo.com/video/530272156?h=2fa200c5b4 and it explains at about 5:10 double clicking and kiosk/full screen mode.
If I double click the grey area and select fullscreen or kiosk mode on windows the viewer doesn't seem to "remember" that I want that mode. I only have one version of the package viewer installed so I'm sure I "modified" the correct one.
I am on version 1.5 - the latest of the package viewers but sadly it always opens the tour in a small window - not full screen.

Problem is - once installed there will be no input device available since the computer and projector are installed above in the ceiling and are projecting downwards.

I was hoping perhaps for some command line options of the package viewer but I can't find any - getting an error a when I try to pass any arguments cause I think it doesn't take any??

Am I doing something wrong? Has anything changed between 1.4 (the one in the video) and 1.5?
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.
kronpano

Just a little follow up.

If I open the package viewer, double click the grey area, leave it open and drag a package onto it the tour is opened fullscreen.
But as soon as I close that viewer and just double click a tour package it opens up a normal window again.
3DV

It's not completely fullscreen, but you could use a batch file to start the app maximized with the package you want:

start /max /d "C:\Program Files\GGPKG Viewer" "" "GGPKG Viewer.exe" "D:\Samples\packages\Example.ggpkg"
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
Hopki
Gnome

Hi kronpano,
This sounds odd,
What should happen is if you have kiosk mode selected then opening the package should open the package viewer fullscreen.
Little computer, what OS is it using?
We can then try to reproduce the issue.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DV

The fullscreen and kiosk options work but they aren't remembered when the viewer is restarted.
And the aim is to automatically start the tour in fullscreen/kiosk mode after Windows starts.

With a small modification in the GGPKG Viewer\resources\app.asar file the package viewer can be set to start with fullscreen and kiosk mode enabled by default.
Hopki: is it allowed to post that file here?
Ruud van Reenen
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
360Texas

Just curious about code pairing of Quotes. What goes between RED ......Viewer" "" "GGPKG.......

start /max /d "C:\Program Files\GGPKG Viewer" "" "GGPKG Viewer.exe" "D:\Samples\packages\Example.ggpkg"
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
3DV

That's the title to be shown in the Window Title bar, but this is only used for Command Prompt windows I think.

The formal order according to 'start /?' would be:
start "" /max /d "C:\Program Files\GGPKG Viewer" "GGPKG Viewer.exe" "D:\Samples\packages\Example.ggpkg"

And omitting the /d option also works:
start "" /max "C:\Program Files\GGPKG Viewer\GGPKG Viewer.exe" "D:\Samples\packages\Example.ggpkg"
Ruud van Reenen
kronpano

Thanks for the answers.

The little computer is running Windows 11 and as mentioned - the kiosk mode works fine but it is not remembered by the package player when it is restarted.
Did the starting in maximise mode but that still leaves me the grey bar in the top.

My working solution at the moment (un-elegant doesn't even begin to describe it):

I got myself a copy of MiniMouseMacro (free) and created a macro which actually simulates a mouse click on the fullscreen icon of my tour(2 lines - goto coordinates x,y and click button at that position).
That click puts the package viewer into full screen mode and hides the full-screen button.
I put that macro in a batch file with a 30s delay so the tour and interface have finished loading (miniMousemacro has options for batch files including how often, delays and exit program after completion...)
Put that batch file into the startup folder together with the tour file and everything works without human interaction.

As I said - not elegant or my preferred solution but it works for the moment.

I am still certainly interested in any better solutions anybody can offer.
I read something about some file modification (app.asar) but haven't really looked into that so far.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
For now please use version 1.4 of the Windows Desktop Package Viewer.
We have added this to the bug tracker.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
kronpano

OK, will do, thanks for that.

Is there actually a difference between the version 1.4 and 1.5 package viewer??
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Version 1.5 uses a newer version of Chromium.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com