wrong Autoplacement for Hotspots Point

Q&A about the latest versions
dev_imaging

Hi,

I have an issue after using the "Tour > Automatic Linking > Closest Nodes" option. Although the links look correct, the targets are not placed correctly and the arrows between the hotspots are all curvy instead of going straight from one point to another (cf picture).
issue_pano2vr.png
issue_pano2vr.png (765.69 KiB) Viewed 632 times
The same thing happens for Sequential and Complete linking.
All panoramas have been oriented manually.
Is there an option or something that needs to be check/unchecked so this work or something that I am missing ?

[EDIT]: I added another set of panoramas, and for these ones the issue does not appear, but still does for the first set of panoramas.

[EDIT 2]: When using a floor plan with a different size, all the hotspots that have no issues regarding the placement of targets get replaced correctly on the plan. The points that have the targets misplaced do not get replaced with consistency regarding the plan's size. (cf pictures)
Before resizing floor plan's image:
issue_pano2vr_resizing_floor_plan_pt1.png
issue_pano2vr_resizing_floor_plan_pt1.png (92.46 KiB) Viewed 604 times
After resizing floor plan's image:
issue_pano2vr_resizing_floor_plan_pt2.png
issue_pano2vr_resizing_floor_plan_pt2.png (51.46 KiB) Viewed 604 times
I will try to delete then replace the uncooperative panoramas.

Have a nice day.

Quentin
dev_imaging

Hi,

The issue with the targets being all messed up arose again on another project using the latest Pano2VR 7 version. Does anyone know how to prevent this ? Replacing potentially hundreds of targets by hand is definitely not the solution.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Quentin,
What this looks like is the wrong location data in the nodes.

Did the nodes have location data before you added them to Pano2VR?
If not how did you add the location data (GPS).

A simple test.
Open a new project and open the Tour Map.
Drop in one of the bad located panoramas.

1) Is it in the corrcet location
2) Is North, headding, set corrcetly

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
dev_imaging

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the response.

I have a homemade script to set the GPS data in the images metadata before importing them in Pano2VR.
The images are from a scanner that also generates a map I use to check if the locations are correct. Sometimes a set of images metadata is only right relative to each other. But by rotating the whole set of images I then get the correct locations.
For the new set that gets the arrows and targets all around the place, the metadata is not 100% correct, but I rotate it, relocate it, and then set the North by hand before auto-linking.

Wishing you a good day.
dev_imaging

Hi,

I hope you are having happy year-end celebrations.

I discovered that this only happens when the targets' position are not locked into place.
I do not know why some of them automatically gets unlocked, but locking them solves this and they automatically get reoriented properly.

Do you know if there is a way to bulk lock all targets of a project ?

Have a nice day and happy new year !

[EDIT] some sets still get the wrong orientation even though auto lock is on, so it does not solve anything. When I import some sets of images, I have to rotate the whole thing, and this is what messes up the arrows/targets between the hotspots (cf pictures)
BEFORE ROTATION:
PANO2VR7_ORIENTATION_ISSUE_before_rotation.png
PANO2VR7_ORIENTATION_ISSUE_before_rotation.png (137.37 KiB) Viewed 488 times
AFTER ROTATION:
PANO2VR7_ORIENTATION_ISSUE_after_rotation.png
PANO2VR7_ORIENTATION_ISSUE_after_rotation.png (142.72 KiB) Viewed 488 times
This happens even if I link after rotating.