V7 bug: changing Input Video File has no effect

Q&A about the latest versions
3DV

As reported here for Pano2VR 7 beta 6: viewtopic.php?p=70473#p70473, same bug is present in 7.0.

After changing the Input Video File (assigning a different video file) of a panorama that already has an Input Video, when generating output the previous video is still being used in the pano.xml and copied to the videos folder of the output.
Only when saving and reopening the project after changing the Input Video File, then generating the output, the output will use the correct/new video file.

In the editor it shows the changed filename, but when exporting the pano.xml, it uses the video filename that was there when the project was first loaded.
When clearing the Input Video File field, it will export the pano.xml correctly, but when assigning a video again, it will export with the old filename again.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ruud,
Thank you for your explanation, will have a good look.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ruud,
I am not seeing this, these are my steps to try and reproduce the issue.
1) Open Pano2VR and drop into the tour browser a 360 video, Pano2VR creates a poster frame for the video.
2) Add a web output, and open. I see the poster frame then the 360 video plays.
3) Select the input image properties and using the blue open file button in the 360 video select a new 360 video. You see the input file path update pointing to the new video.
Note, both videos are in the same project folder.
4) The poster frame does not update, when you select Generate Output it opens with the old poster frame, but then plays the new 360 video.
To update the poster frame use the Grab frame button found under the viewer window to the right.

1.png
1.png (55.25 KiB) Viewed 1234 times

So the video is updated it is just the poster frame that has not.
Can you describe the project in more detail?
Is node1 a 360 image or 360 video?
Are subsequent nodes images or videos?

We will add a report about the poster frame not updating automatically but you can do it manually using the Grab frame button.
So this does not get missed can you send it to support@ggnome.com.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DV

I know the poster image isn't updated automatically, that's not the issue.

But the issue is a bit different than I thought, since I was mostly looking at the pano.xml output when testing this.
The issue is this: the new video is used, but it's using the old file name in the pano.xml output. The new video is indeed copied to the videos folder of the output, but it has the old file name. The result in the browser is ok though: it will play the new video.
If you close the project file, reopen it, and generate output again, the new video will be copied using the correct new file name. Then you'll have two videos with the same content but different file names in the output videos folder.

Can you try this with your example project?
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets