best resolution for oculus quest 2?

Q&A about the latest versions
deedee123

Hi,
I'm still puzzled by the best resolution i need to use for watching tours on my Oculus Quest 2, it seems a bit hit-or-miss, with some tours looking better (sharper) than others, while the settings aren't that much different. the normal output is fine.
my input images are around 17500 pixels wide, give and take 40 or 50 pixels or so, depending on the stitch.

Is there some clever math for it, or should all input images be the exact same dimensions for best view?
hints appreciated,
David
deedee123

Hi,

I'm still in the dark about this, also because i sometimes get nodes with tiles that are a bit darker, and seem to 'vibrate' a bit when i watch in VR on the oculus. But this seems not to be affected by the input image size, as two nodes with same size one can have that effect, while another has not.
when watched through the "vrtourviewer" app (the exact same online output) it looks sharper and no vibrate/darker effect. but of course i can't expect visitors to have that app.
I guess for VR single res would be better, but i don't want to output all projects double and connect the VR to that different output..

hope someone can shine a light on this VR part, which is getting much better with the new skin menu option, but apart from that still seems a very undervalued part of Pano2VR.

best,
David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
I have read that 1536px cube faces but not sure that was for Quest 2.
By rights using multiresolution should serve up the best resolution for whichever screen size is being used, including VR headsets.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,

But i can clearly see the tiles in some nodes, because some tiles are darker, and the edges wobble. Maybe that's cause by something else?

Best,
David
deedee123

Hi,

As example, this node has wobbly lines and darker tiles, when seen in Oculus Quest 2 browser:
https://360-architecture.com/360/van-ne ... 4,nosplash

When checked through the VR tour viewer app, or the normal version online, all is fine. Also the resolution is the same as some other nodes, that show up o.k.

Hope i can get rid of the wobble lines, it's distracting from the immersive feeling..

best,
David