Imbedded video V7

Q&A about the latest versions
russphotography

Version: 7.0 beta6 arm64
Revision: 19829/6.2.6

Not been working much with Pano2VR since version 5. I have agreed to do work for a customer that will be using a lot of imbedded video so I am having a go with V7.

When using an I-Phone or Safari on my Mac, output is local, the video's thumb nail is visible until it is mouse clicked and disappears as expected but video is not visible and the sound do not play. In Brave or Chrome the video is visible but will not always play or plays without sound,

I have rendered alternative video files using Handbreak optimized for Web.
320 x 320, 24fps file size 232k
640 x 640, 24fps file size 401k
720 x 720, 25fps file size 447k (default)

Mode Static
Level = 1.00
Loop =0

Click Mode Play/Pause
--------------------

Thanks for any help
Russ
russphotography

Any help would be appreciated.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Russ,
It would be better to post/send your project.
There are no reported issues with the embedded video on mobiles.
The rule of thumb is no larger than 900px in any one direction and with iOS, only one video will play at a time.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
russphotography

Hi Hopki I created the support file and tried it locally and on my website before uploading. It now works on my I phone but will not play with Safari using my macbook pro. It works with Chrome also. I have sent the support package via Wetransfer.

Regards
Russ
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Russ,
Thank you for your support package.
The video 944 x 944 will play on all devices.
In Pano2VR 7 we handle sound differently, there is no "first touch" to play sound anymore.
What you should do is have a play sound button at the start, the user can then select to start the tour with or without sound.
This also starts playing the videos.
Have a look at the feather_box skin, you will see a container called sounds_splashscreen.
What this does is test the browser to see if auto-playing sounds are allowed. Not forgetting browsers have this thing that any media with sound is not allowed to auto-play.
So in your project, you would have the video auto-play, then use a button to start auto-play media, this will then also include the sound.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
russphotography

Thanks Hopki

This tour was created while training a remote photographer how to capture 360pano with video. My customer is a automation company that likes embedded video. There could be nodes with more that one video embedded. Are there any tips or limitations you can give me a heads up about?

Thanks Russ
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Russ,
Android is ok but iOS only wants to play one pinned/embedded video at a time.
This is an iOS restriction.
You can fudge it, but it will always try to play only one video.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com