Important Feature Request: Embedded Videos for left and right eye (stereo)

Q&A about the latest versions
virtualrepublic

Hello,

I'm currently developing a tour with Blender and rendering equirectangular images for the right and left eye. This works fantastic and my client asks now for embedded video.

I need to map video sequences to displays in my scene. Then I render only just the cropped area with the same equirectangular method. Then I can match this cutout exactly onto the equirectangular image.

But there are situations where the monitors are overlaid by foreground elements closer to the camera. In this case, I have to put a video sequence for the left and right eye on top of the panoramic image for the left and right eye respectively for a correct depth of elements.

I think that Pano2VR does not support such a possibility. But this is the only way I get the correct stereo effect. It would require two videos for left/right and played 100% synchronously.

Is such an important function possible to implement?

Thanks for your reply,
Michael
virtual republic
virtualrepublic

+++ Update +++

What would help a lot would be the possibility to adjust the movie for left and right panorama separately! This helps to bring the plane at the right depth.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Michael,
I am sure we responded to an e-mail, but this is in the feature request list.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/