hotspots overlapping - auto/action z-index

Q&A about the latest versions
dylan

Hi Martin and fellow pano2vr users.

I have an aerial shot with tightly packed hotspots. When mousing over the hotspots on a small screen some hotspots display under other hotspots, obscuring the node title. I know I personally came up against this early on with Pano2vr and the advice was to set z-index on individual hotspots to control the order of 'stacking'. With the aerial shot being directly above the group of hotspots I cannot guarantee the viewers rotation so setting the z-index per hotspot doesn't work as some hotspots that are a problem at one angle of viewing rotation are not a problem at other angle, and vice versa. Here's a video link as I may not be explaining it very well: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iIE3MYMGHVg

Is there a way of attaching an action to the node hotspot template that somehow sets a high z-index on mouse-over, and setting lower one on mouse-out, to effectively ensure that any hotspot that is hovered over is always shown 'above' any other non-selected hotspot? Maybe this could/should be the default or built-in behaviour for pano2vr?

I did a search of the forum and plenty of stuff about z-index, but couldn't find anything about auto-setting on mouseover, or another solution that would achieve the same thing.

Any help, pointers or suggestions much appreciated :D ,

Cheers,
Dylan.
dylan

Don't you hate answering your own posts :P

I looked at output source to see style that was applied to hotspot then just added a custom css class to the main index file:

.ggskin.ggskin_hotspot:hover
{
z-index:555555 !important;
}

Seems to have done the trick as it applies high z-index number to the hotspot but only on hover. Maybe this will prove useful to someone sometime, but I suspect you've already got this covered.

Anyway, am enjoying Pano2vr v7.

Cheers,
Dylan