Height formula

Q&A about the latest versions
lavAzza

Hello.
I want to make a hotspot with a "support" that is projected onto the surface of the earth.
I mean, I know the height of the drone panorama, I know the distance from hotspot to hotspot, I know FOV and Tilt. And based on this information, I want to calculate the height of the "support" in pixels, so that the hot spot is projected onto the surface of the earth at the desired point.
Maybe someone deduced the formula for the height of the "support"? Or can someone tell me which direction to go?
Thank you.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (190.86 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
360Texas

unrelated question about display height

Is height shown 327.4m 'above ground elevation' or ' above sea level' there is a difference. Typical aircraft use the barometer to determine elevation above sea level. Just thinking outside the box. Yes, I am a single engine aircraft land private pilot.

BTW Great view at that elevation
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
lavAzza

Oh, no 327m it is a distance between panoramas. Real height of this pano is about 100m.
DJI drones also use a barometer to determine altitude. At least at an altitude above 20 m. Unfortunately, in the exif photo data, the drone records the height above sea level. So for the calculations you need to remember the relative height. The absolute height of a photo point will often not be equal to the relative height. This will make an error in the calculation of the support height. But I still want to try.
lavAzza

Is it technically possible to use a formula to calculate the height of a rectangle in a template? I found only sizing by trigger.
360Texas

Thank you for the clarification about Sea level and above ground elevation
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

More to your question:

You might try this approach:

Open your panorama in your photo editing program. We use Photoshop CS6 (not CC version).

Check the resolution. 300 or 72 pixels per inch or centimeter. By measuring the actual vertical arrow you can determine how many pixels the x - y and "Z" offset from node distance.

I think I wrote this correctly.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com