VR: generating node images unnecessarily

Q&A about the latest versions
Howard

With "VR" enabled in Web Properties (v. 7. beta 5), my project with more than 100 nodes insists on taking the time to "generate node images" each time the project is reopened, even though all VR node images have previously been generated.

Even with the project opened, each new click of the "Generate Output" button results in a delay while the project again checks through all the VR node images.

Is there please a fix for this time-wasting behavior on the to-do list?

Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Howard,
Testing with Pano2VR 7 beta 6 with a 582 node project which is using jpg images.
After clearing the output folder with the bin button and then generating a new output, Pano2VR remaps and creates the tiles.
But once finished selecting the generated output button again it first checks the output to make sure nothing changed then the output opens in about 3 seconds.
Can you do a screen recording showing what you are seeing?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Howard

I sent you a screen recording via email.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Howard,
Tested with different platforms and OS and can not reproduce.
Yes, when VR is selected it checks to see if all the VR preview images are there but this only takes seconds.
We have viewed your video and see that Pano2VR is remapping the input images to make new preview images but can not reproduce the issue as with all other images Pano2Vr will check to see if there are there but not make new images.

Are you exporting to a network drive or is the output folder on a local drive?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NaderF

Hi,

I run into the recalculation issue only when I forget and start with an output folder on a local server (NAS). In such cases, very often Pano2VR recalculates every time I hit the output button. Could it be that you have placed the output folder on a network device, or somewhere that the time for the system to do a checksum (A way of knowing that what is recorded on the remote drive is what was sent to it, at least in number of bytes) may throw some software off. The software my thing the file on the remote drive has changed and recreates it. That becomes even more critical when the server is connected via a WiFi LAN.

Nf
Howard

The output folder is on my internal laptop SSD. (Macbook Pro 16") I wonder if the problem could be that I don't use "output" as the folder name?