360 video mobile resolution & replay button

Q&A about the latest versions
JimN

Hello everyone!

I'm currently building a 360 video tour with several 360 video nodes, a start screen and a sidebar-style menu, and I have a couple of things I'd like to do:

Firstly - is there a way to have a button appear at the end of each 360 video node with the function to either repeat the video, or move on to the next one?

Secondly - this tour needs to work smoothly on mobile as well. So, I was wondering if there's a straightforward way to have a more compressed/smaller version of the videos play when the tour is viewed on a smaller device?

Thank you!

All the best,
Jim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jim,
If you want to have this working on Mobiles, then the video panoramas should be no larger than 3840 x 1920px, but if you want it to be robust across many mobile devices then 2048 x 1024px will be better.

Also, make sure all video files are web optimised, this can be done in Pano2VR 7 or HandBrake.
For the button request, add a new skin, then add a seek bar element.
The seek bar element cab has a Media End action for the video panorama.
This can be used to show a play media button to play the video panorama again and also a next button.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/