IOS interface confusion - IOS Bounce

Q&A about the latest versions
PaulB

Hi, on IOS mobile the swipe action to pan up and down is getting confused with it thinking the panorama is a long web page, and the interface is constantly trying to change size/minimise to accommodate. This looks awful from a user perspective. Is there a way to minimise this ? If anything can be done in Pano2vr let me know.

Im assuming it's an IOS Safari function that clashes with the panorama interaction, and can't be adjusted. Let me know otherwise.

Regards
Paul
RPReplay_Final1668163542.MP4
(4.71 MiB) Downloaded 224 times
Last edited by PaulB on Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
PaulB

One thing I have tried to minimise the effect is setting the 'body' background colour in CSS to white. Stops the switching to a black background behind the IOS interface... not as much flashing going on. But probably will have the opposite effect if dark mode is enabled. Hmm?.... more CSS necessary.

Dropped into the embedded Pano2VR stylesheet... (if anyone wants to add it)

body {
background-color: white;
{
PaulB

So working with this for the moment, seems ok on IOS mobile. Cuts back on the flashing colour behind the interface.

@media (prefers-color-scheme: light) {
body {
background-color: white;
}
}

@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
body {
background-color: black;
}
}

Regards
Paul
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Paul,
Using an iPhone 7, 11 and 14, not seeing the behaviour you are seeing.
First, try without a skin so just the panorama, do you see the same thing?
If you don't and only when you have your skin, try one of the skins that come with Pano2VR, do you see the issue then?
If not then can you post your skin?
Any active elements will cause this, but odd it is also allowing some panorama movement as an active element would block any interaction with the panorama.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PaulB

Hi Hopki,

After a bit more testing, it seems just to be affecting my iphone (8plus). Having had a few colleagues test on their iphones they couldn't recreate the effect either.
Did spend time to match Safari settings against another iphone, but didn't resolve the issue on my phone. It's currently on IOS 15.7.1, will try updating to IOS 16 soon, but not at the moment.

It didn't happen on Chrome on IOS, so seems Safari specific. Having looked through a few forums it sounds like 'IOS Bounce' which seems to have been a problem for many.
It still happened even without using a skin and uploading a sample panorama (as you suggested). Also tried the 'Feather box' skin which also gave me the same result.

I have managed to resolve the issue by adding this code into the embedded style sheet in P2VR skin... (just taken from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/298 ... ll-ability)...

html {
position: fixed;
height: 100%;
overflow: hidden;
}

body {
width: 100vw;
height: 100vh;
overflow-y: scroll;
overflow-x: hidden;
-webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
}

Attached our skin if you feel the need to have a look.

Regards
Paul
Attachments
ACCESS-BETA-7-4-TOUR-1-437 full test.ggsk.zip
(32.27 KiB) Downloaded 224 times