View tour properly inside Oculus Quest headset

Q&A about the latest versions
Dreamfoot

Hello team,

I am new to the stereo function. All my tours which I created recently, I previewed in desktop and in phone. But I recently bought an Oculus Quest headset so my tour images appear like a normal projection and unlike the stereo projection sample which is shared in forums: https://ggnome.com/samples/pano2vr_6/stereo/

To have my equirectangular image in stereo, I imported them in Photoshop and created this image and imported it.
Stereo.jpg
Stereo.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 828 times
First of all is it necessary to have the images in stereo form to be able to see them in VR headset or equirectangular images tour like this https://vtour.cloud/p4gb21/5s0gqax6/?ts=6255228 will also work within correct app?

These are the steps I take after I import this stereo image within Pano2VR 7
    I have the VR skin enabled- feather_vr
      Since there is no html5 output option, I am using normal web output.
        I use the Integrated web server to Meta Quest Browser to see the tour inside Oculus Quest headset.

When I go into the tour via Oculus, I see the EnterVR button and then also, I see normal projection.

Since, I am not able to see the stereo images as in the above link, I am wondering if
        1. I am doing the output incorrectly ?
        2. Is the image conversion in photoshop incorrect? (Can you check the attached image called Stereo)
        3. Do I need an app inside Oculus Quest - (I don't know how to export for webXR to preview the tour and VRtourviewer which is a licensed app which is asking for license)

Please share links or reply here - how to see stereo tour correctly inside Oculus Quest.
        Attachments
        Equirectangular.jpg
        Equirectangular.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 828 times
        Dreamfoot

Is this tour created using stereo images: https://ggnome.com/samples/pano2vr_6/stereo/

Is it necessary to have images in stereo mode for them to appear proper in the Oculus or any other VR headset. My skin has Enter VR button but my tour appears only in a rectangle in front of my eyes and not wrapping around me. Can you check my tour link shared in previous post and let me know what I am doing wrong?
        NaderF

Hi,

If I understood your steps, in Photoshop you tried to change the true viewer position to create a stereo from a equirectangular panorama, emulating a second view point. It is certainly possible, but I can't detect much parallax from your two photos in either pair.

Usually the two camera lenses for a pair of real stereo images are between 5 and 8 cm apart, either in physical stereo cameras, or viewer positions in software that produce stereo panorama pairs from 3D scenes.

A good test of true stereo in a viewer is to focus on two objects in the pano, not too far away, then close one eye alternatively. In true stereo, a nearby object obscures a slightly different area of the scene behind it. When you try with a mono image in Pano2VR its parallax is imperceptible. If you see true stereo views in their examples. There you can see the parallax clearly. When you close the right eye the scene jumps a bit to the left and vice versa.

If the original is not a stereo pair, there is no need to create a second pair. As mentioned, turning the VR option on, Pano2VR produce an output that a player can display as two images, both the same if mono and if you had used pairs, then real stereo. When both are the same, you have the same depth perception as you would have with one eye, you just don't see things around you in real life.

Hope I have understood you right and this was useful.

You may want to visit https://www.360cities.net/help/stereo_panos

Nader