custom hotspot image likely issue

Q&A about the latest versions
HSharma​

Hi Hopki,
I have created one point hotspot point01 with custom image.
I have created another hotspot point02 which uses a hotpot template ht2_node define in the skin. The hotspot template assigns a different image.

In the editor, for first hotspot point01, the skin-Id is unassigned
For the second hotspot, point02, the skin id is set to ht2_node.

In the hotspot template ht2_node, I have set a logical block on the image element which is if there is a custom hotspot image, set this image visibilty to false.

When I run the project, both he hotspot are showing the ht2_node image?
I should see the custom image for point01 and the ht2_node template image for point02.
what am I doing wrong?

thanks
Harsh
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harsh,
Your Hotspot Template and image in the skin should also have the custom Node Image, External Loader.
See the attached skin for reference.

It has a Hotspot Template with the ID ht_node and a Rectangle with the ID ht_node_image which makes up a Point Hotspot in the output.
Note: I am using a Rectangle for the Point Hotspots image but it can be a PNG or SVG etc.

1.png
1.png (22.54 KiB) Viewed 686 times

Select the Hotspot Template and in its properties you will see Add Custom Image Element, select this.

2.png
2.png (23.4 KiB) Viewed 686 times

This will add the External Image which is required to use a Custom Point Hotspot Image.

3.png
3.png (34.88 KiB) Viewed 686 times

By default, the External Loader has the correct visible logic block set which is to Hide itself when there is no Custom Image.

4.png
4.png (26.88 KiB) Viewed 686 times

What you want to do is add a similar visible logic block to the Rectangle, ht_node_image, so when a custom image is being used the External Loader shows and the Rectangle hides.

5.png
5.png (29.64 KiB) Viewed 686 times

Note: The Comparison is Not Equal.

In summary, when there is a Custome Image the External Loader shows to display it and the Hotspot Templates image, in this case, the Rectangle hides.
Regards,
Attachments
CustomImage.ggsk
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/