Guided Tour, but "simple" - w/o animation editor

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Hi there,

I want to create a guided tour, but a simple one, by not using the animation editor.

Simple means: 2 buttons: forward and backwards.

BUT the order of the sequence should be individually, controlled by tags or any other individual marks on each panorama.

I try combinations of custom node ID, counters in variables and tags and filters and do not find the right idea, as there is finally always the same problem:
How to open a "next" panorama" without using the "next- or previous-node".

One way should work:
Setup a next- and a prev-button for EACH panorama and giving the actions to open the individual panoramas.
Also setup the visibility of this buttons to make shure that the individual buttons are shown only in the related panorama.

But this is to much work and if you want to change the guided walktrough, it´s again complex to handle.

By the way:
Of course I know that the easy way is to sort the panos in the tour browser to the sequence I wouId need - but I cannot arrange the panos in the tour browser, as THIS sequence is needed for the menue with categories (cloners, working with different tags) ...

Any ideas to handle this more simple ?
soulbrother

@Hopki:
Not any idea, any little trick?
3DV

Considering your expertise I'm probably misunderstanding the question, but can't you use a User Data field to specify the next and previous node for a specific panorama?
For example with an action 'Open Next Panorama', URL: $(uo), then use {nodexx} as value in the Comment field. With V7 you probably could also use a Custom Property for this.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
soulbrother

Hi Ruud,
"custom properties", hm.. a good hint, maybee worth a try!

But I guess, the workload over all, is not less than my setup of individual "forward- and a back-buttons" (with individual target and specific view).

I´ll try!
Thanks!!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Here is a little project, it uses a variable and javascript to read the variable for the Next and Previous buttons.
The first three nodes have Tag A, while nodes 4 and 5 have Tag B.
Regards,
Attachments
Next_With_Tag.zip
(59.94 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

thanks so much Martin,
I will try that!