animation in v6

Q&A about the latest versions
HSharma​

Hello Hopki,
since v7 has some bugs in animation, I was testing animation in v6 where most of the things works however I noticed a certain problem with video being played in animation
My basic requirement is to play a video at certain time in animation. so I created a variable in animation editor, which I set to true when I want to play the video.
I then created a small video in skin and created an action
Source - Variable changes to true
action Play/stop media, Loop = 1 and target is the video element in skin
My assumption is that the video should play and stop whenever variable changes. as an abundant caution, i set the loop to 1 so that the video plays only once.

when I start the animation, the video play as expected and then disappears when the video end but I still can hear the audio in the background, which means the video is playing in background. This is not the correct behavior.
I am afraid that this bug might get carried in v7 as well and hence reporting so that v7 does fix the issue.
I have attached the support zip here so that you see the issue yourself.

looking for a speedy bug fix...

thanks
Harsh
Attachments
AnimationIssueSupportPackage_2022-09-02_00-50.zip
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harsh,
What is going on is you're not hiding the video element but only its parent Rectangle so the video remains to play even though you can no longer see it.
If you look at the video element it has the option selected, Loading: Unload video on hide.

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 10.21.56.png
Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 10.21.56.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 6875 times

This means that the video element needs to be hidden to unload the video.

All you need to do is deselect visible in the video elements properties.
Then copy the visible logic block from Rectangle 1 to the video element.

Now both the Rectangle and the video element have visible deselected and both have the visible logic block.
So when the variable is true they both show and the video plays, and when the variable is false, both elements hide and the video element can unload the video stopping it from playing.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HSharma​

Thanks Hopki.