Pano2VR crashes whenever I try to open the settings dialogue

Q&A about the latest versions
BrideValley

I have been using Pano2VR since about version 2.
This is the version I am currently using:
Version: 6.1.15 pro 64bit
Revision: 18116/5.12.2
Build date: Apr 6 2022, 17:29:14
My PC runs Windows 11 and is updated frequently.
I have published around 65 Google Street View tours since October 2021.
Last week I wanted to check a Pano2VR setting so clicked on File>Settings and the software crashed. The UI stopped reacting to mouse or keyboard input. It cannot be closed other than by using Task Manager. This happens every time I try to open the settings dialogue.
I uninstalled Pano2VR and ran the clear_pano2vr.reg utility that Hopki suggested I use some years ago when I had a different issue with Pano2VR that required a clean install.
After downloading a fresh install of Pano2VR and installing it (without any apparent errors) I was able to make some changes to the settings.
Today I have started editing a virtual tour with Pano2VR. It now crashes every time I try to edit settings.
Can someone please offer a solution.
Pano2VR does produce a support package without crashing and I would be happy to send a copy to someone in support if required.
Weirdly, the systeminfo text file states the path to KEYSHOT_EXTERNAL_LICENSE_FOLDER to a completely unrelated software application that was uninstalled from my PC some time ago. I have no idea why this path is as it is. The path actually leads to a subfolder that no longer exists on my machine. Could this be a cause? If so, how do I fix it?
Many thanks
Simon
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Simon,
Searching on the internet it looks like Keyshot changed something in the registry.
We think it changed the install directory or something like this.
If you search for KEYSHOT_EXTERNAL_LICENSE_FOLDER, you will see this has also caused problems for other software, for example, Visual Studio and Siemens products.

I read in one post after uninstalling Keyshot the person had to go into the registry and manually change/delete some settings.
I would research this.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BrideValley

Thanks for the reply Martin.
I have removed all references to "KEYSHOT_EXTERNAL_LICENSE_FOLDER" in the registry. Uninstalled Pano2VR, removed all references to Pano2VR from the registry, re-installed Pano2VR. I was able to access the settings dialogue just the one time and now Pano2VR crashes when I try to amend settings.
I think I've made all the settings updates that I need for the time being but what a PITA to go through if I find I need to make further changes.
Whatever happened to software that just runs, no installation required, just unzipping to any folder you choose?
Regards
Simon
thomas
Chief Gnome

It does... on a Mac ;).

Actually also on Windows not a lot of things are going on. The installer only executes the Visual Studio Runtime Installer, and the rest is copying files to the Folder, plus some registry changed for the Explorer, so that you can open .p2vr files with a double click.
MfG, Thomas
BrideValley

I have just discovered that when I open the settings dialogue it opens "off screen". I was able to "find it" after using the Alt + Space shortcut and move it about randomly until it re-appeared.

So describing Pano2VR as having crashed was too severe. Apologies. Unresponsive would be more accurate . . .

However, to be frank, Pano2VR has never handled screen real-estate very well. It never opens full-screen. I always use it full screen. I close it when it's full screen. It's not full screen when I open it next time. Save default doesn't make it full screen.

By the way, after closing the settings dialogue and re-opening it, it was again off-screen.

A real PITA!