Panos turn black

Q&A about the latest versions
Lothar

Hello to the group, first of all I would like to thank you for the new version. Does anyone of you have an idea why the panoramas are black when I try to open them. Is there a size limitation? Only the tif files turn black, jpeg files work. I have attached a video for better understanding.
Thanks to the forum.
Attachments
Screenvideo2.mov
(6.9 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
360Texas

? what browser are you using ?

Do you have a link to your work. We too would like to see.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Lothar

Hello, I created the tour with pano2VR 6, everything still worked. Everything works online too. It's just that in pano2VR7 you only see black on many panos, so that I can't work on that anymore. See the video attached to the previous message.

The link to the tour is: https://ennstal360.dachsteinpano.at/
360Texas

If I understand....
the link to your really great tour created with pano2vr 6.... works online - and it does. This is a virtual tour.... not a video as taken with a movie camera.

So your issue
on your local workstation and loading this same tour using Pano2vr ver 7 displays black panoramas Local.

Have you tried to rebuild... and get same results? The black might mean the panoramas are not fully loading. RAM memory issues ?

On your local computer run the panorama tour and can you do a screen capture and post here in forum. Please.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

I guess there is something special about the TIFF files... Can you please send me one to support@ggnome.com, so that I can dissect it?
MfG, Thomas
Lothar

Hello Dave, thank you. Yes you understood that correctly and the tour is not a video but consists of individual panoramas.
I tried to recreate the tour, but after recreating it, the tour was also black in the browser.
I have 32GB of RAM on an iMac late 2013 and 15GB of that is reserved for pano2VR. There should also be enough space on the hard drive. I just uninstalled and reinstalled pano2VR, but also without success. Do you have any other ideas as to what could be wrong? Could it be that my Mac is too old and therefore doesn't have the latest version installed?
Lothar

thomas wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:29 am I guess there is something special about the TIFF files... Can you please send me one to support@ggnome.com, so that I can dissect it?

Hi Thomas, I just sent you a file via wetransfer. Thank you for your help!
Lothar

Since there is probably no solution, I will have to convert all my tif files to jpg. Are the nodal points preserved? Does this work in Pano2VR with "convert panorama" to jpg, or is it better to convert it to Photoshop?
How do you save your panoramas and what is the best format?
thomas
Chief Gnome

We have fixed the bug in 7 beta4a (and made loading faster). Please test.
MfG, Thomas
Lothar

Thanks to the pano2vr team. It seems to be working now.
Bostjan

Just to add... when working with mid-sized projects, like 1000+ panoramas with high resolution, then it can happen that there is a lack of free scratch disk space and the output is black images.
I am currently working on the project with ~ 5000 panoramas and came to the limit of my SSD scratch disk.