Lottie images - cannot update

Q&A about the latest versions
Marcus

Hi there,

I've been trying to update an existing lottie image in the material-dart skin, without success.

For the ht_node, I want to replace the default target icon, which is configured by:
ht_node.jpg
ht_node.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 3455 times

So, I've clicked on the "change" button in the lottie properties, and selected a different lottie file from my computer, saved the skin editor and rebuilt the project. I.e.
lottie_properties.jpg
lottie_properties.jpg (10.41 KiB) Viewed 3455 times

However, the ht_node image doesn't change. I've hard-refreshed the browser, but no luck. Through the "change" button, I've also tried selecting a different lottie from the Panovr7 toolbox, but it had no effect. The original lottie is being shown, Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks
Marc
deedee123

Hi,
I also have this issue, i can only "update" a lottie by completely replacing it..
David
Marcus

After experimenting for a while, it appears once a file has been selected for the Lottie component, the associated file cannot be changed. I agree, currently the only solution is to initialise a new Lottie instance with the new file, and copy all the other properties across from the old instance.

Hopki, can this please be added to the bug list.

Cheers
Marc
k.ary.n
Gnome

Thank you! Yes, this has already been reported and is on the fix-it list.
Marcus

Excellent - thank-you