Hide specific polygons with button?

Q&A about the latest versions
jakenorton

Hi all,

Trying to set a button to turn visibility on and off for specific polygon hotspots I've created.

I've tried to do this using custom properties, but cannot get it to work.

Is there a trick to this? Essentially, I'll have polygons that are from different years of research conducted (1999, 2001, 2004, 2019, etc.) and I'd like the viewer to be able to have all years on, or show only specific year. In other words, I want them to be able to view all, or just research from a specific year or set of years. I've gotten this to work quite easily with hotspots, but it does not seem possible with polygons.

I'd love ideas on if and how this is possible. Thank you!

-Jake

www.jakenorton.com
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Scratch that - through a lot of trial and error, I got it to work!
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

OK, back to it not working.

I've got 2 separate popups going on polygon hotspots. I built them each using a modified version of Tony Redhead's tutorial here: https://tonyredhead.com/pano2vr/polygon-hotspots-proxy

I've gotten them todo everything I want except turn off/disappear/hide when using the buttons I created. Despite having different names/IDs in the actions, I can only get buttons to turn of ALL polygons, not the ones I've set up for specific years. I managed to get the hotspots to turn off by year, but the polygons are being stubborn.

Hopki, or anyone, do you have an idea of what might be going on here? What am I doing wrong? Here is the current skin I'm working with:
feather_orb-SEARCH_EDIT.ggsk
(55.36 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

I figured it out using actions not to change the visibility of the polygons per year, as that only succeeded in hiding/showing all polygons.

Instead, what is working well (so far) is using the action: Mouse Click >> Change Polygon Color >> set alpha to 0 to hide, and then whatever preference later to show again.
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com