V7 VR: how to style 'OpenVR menu' button?

Q&A about the latest versions
Frankster69

Hi Hopki and all,

First of, I'm hugely excited about the new VR skins and editor. This comes in exactly on time for me as I now have an Oculus Quest 2 since not even a week! Fantastic.

I did a quick test, just to see it in action. From what I see there are only hotspots on opening a tour, but there is a floating button above my head that I can click to open up a thumbnail menu.

This button is nothing but a small black square (watching on Oculus via Airlink, via Firefox browser, opened up in VR). I also cannot find this button in the skin. No way to style it, givie it text or anything. This is the same in both the Feather and Venis VR skin.

I did find I can add more elements (like a button to exit VR) and they all show once the black square is pressed to open up visual menu items.

I would like the idea to build a small floating 'dashboard' with buttons, like 'open thumbnails' or 'open map' and next/previous buttons. Ideally this floating 'dachboard' could be open (visible) or able to toggle with a button.

How would I go about this? So: in the VR skin editor: how to style the 'open menu' button and how to add (floating) menu's that stay visible?

This is a huge step in my opinion, congratulations on version 7, I already love it!

regards, Frank
Frankster69

One addition: I viewed it yesterday as local output, which shows only a black square for the 'Open VR menu' button. I tried uploading it today and in the live version I can see it's actually a white circle with three stripes in it.

I still cannot figure out where to go and style/change this button though. Where can I do this?

And how can I have floating elements that are already visible on initial view?

regards, Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
There is a feature request for the menu button.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hello Hopki,

Ok, good to know. But is it at all possible (or requested) to add elements to he VR skin that are visible by default? Right now I think everything I add disappears 'behind' the button?

regards, Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
Knowing the flood of requests we are getting for V7 I would suggest putting this in an e-mail.
Add as much detail as possible.
We can then add to the list.
If it's sent into support, it will be a support ticket and logged.
Facebook and Forum posts can quickly get lost.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have emailed my request. Looking forward to the development of v7 to final release.

regards, Frank