Pano2VR 7 beta

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

MacOS, v7 beta

Entering a value into the "Cube Face Size" field under Properties-WebOutput->Image->Cube Face Size does not work correctly.

Type in a value like 2400, 5608, 1024 etc into that field and you will see what I mean.
mbb

MacOSX, v7beta

Hey you may need to rethink this whole "Live Update" thing. It's doing stuff like rebuilding all the thumbnails even when moving a cloner in the skin. Thus bringing the whole app to a crawl and losing responsiveness. Totally unnecessary for it to behave like that no?
soulbrother

mbb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:33 am Hey you may need to rethink this whole "Live Update" thing. It's doing stuff like rebuilding all the thumbnails even when moving a cloner in the skin. Thus bringing the whole app to a crawl and losing responsiveness. Totally unnecessary for it to behave like that no?
For shure there is potential to to improve, but don´t forget, you can simply deactivate it ! ;-)
mbb

soulbrother wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:39 am For shure there is potential to to improve, but don´t forget, you can simply deactivate it ! ;-)
yeah, obviously.

I am reporting that it is being over zealous. Moving an empty cloner shouldn't trigger image rebuilds.
mbb

MAcOSX, v7beta

Wow this release is a minefield of issues. I can't even get through beginning stages of building a new project without running across issues, wierdness or crashing.

Here's how to instantly crash Pano2VR b7-

1. Open a new skin.
2. Place a cloner element
3. place a text field element
4. put the text field element into the cloner element (make it a child)
5. put your cursor into the text element ID field and hit the delete key as if you were to delete the value to put a different name into it.
>>Instant Crash<<
App goes away completely and one is prompted to send a report to Apple.
ImmerDeveloper

Some image conversions for the preview images of the hotspots, are not converted correctly in some cases. Whe you create the project, the images_vr and images folders show broken images and the preview images in the project are not showed.

When you use custom images in hotspots, in cardboard mode are not showed.
k.ary.n
Gnome

mbb wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:31 pm This no longer works properly in the v7 beta. The Equirectangular files created are like giant node preview images (with limited FOV) but behave as 360s in the tour preview window. It's very weird. Changing the input type pop-up from "Auto" to "Cube Faces" is also an issue- first, I should not have to select each cube face individually via dialog box, second, even if I do, it fails on importing the first cube face with a memory error or " file '' can't be opened", but then it opens it anyway. In which case, adding the rest of the cube faces still fails to produce a proper equirectangular pano. Note, this is 100% reproduceable.
This is a standing issue that occurs in version 6 as well; if it's the same issue you are reporting. It happens because of the naming convention. If you prefix "cube_" to the cubefaces, it should work as expected. Are your cube faces named something like 00.jpg, 01.jpg, ...? If so, try using cube_00.jpg, etc.
k.ary.n
Gnome

mbb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:50 am MacOS, v7 beta

Entering a value into the "Cube Face Size" field under Properties-WebOutput->Image->Cube Face Size does not work correctly.

Type in a value like 2400, 5608, 1024 etc into that field and you will see what I mean.
What is not working correctly? What do you expect to happen when you type in a custom value there?
mbb

k.ary.n wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 pm This is a standing issue that occurs in version 6 as well; if it's the same issue you are reporting.
No it is not. Conversion of cube faces to equirectangular works just fine in v6. Please see my comment again. Drag a set of cube faces into the project. With input type set to auto, try converting it to equirectangular and you will see what I mean.
mbb

k.ary.n wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 pm What is not working correctly? What do you expect to happen when you type in a custom value there?
I take by your comment that you did not actually try it. Please try it, you will see. thx.

FYI- I do not just make this stuff up.
k.ary.n
Gnome

mbb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:59 pm
k.ary.n wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 pm What is not working correctly? What do you expect to happen when you type in a custom value there?
I take by your comment that you did not actually try it. Please try it, you will see. thx.

FYI- I do not just make this stuff up.
I would not have asked if I could not have reproduced the issue as you have described here. I did try it and when I enter a custom value, nothing out of the ordinary happens. Maybe I'm missing something. If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it.
mbb

k.ary.n wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:22 pm I would not have asked if I could not have reproduced the issue as you have described here. I did try it and when I enter a custom value, nothing out of the ordinary happens. Maybe I'm missing something. If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it.
I am doing this on an M1 Mac. I can reproduce the problem all day long. Can send video for proof if you like?

How are you testing this?
k.ary.n
Gnome

mbb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:57 pm
k.ary.n wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 pm This is a standing issue that occurs in version 6 as well; if it's the same issue you are reporting.
No it is not. Conversion of cube faces to equirectangular works just fine in v6. Please see my comment again. Drag a set of cube faces into the project. With input type set to auto, try converting it to equirectangular and you will see what I mean.
I have no issues importing cube faces, IF their file names include _cube and do not have any spaces.
k.ary.n
Gnome

mbb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:45 pm

I am doing this on an M1 Mac. I can reproduce the problem all day long. Can send video for proof if you like?

How are you testing this?
I'm also on an M1, and there are plenty of quirks. Yes, please send a video. It's not I don't believe you. It's never that. We always take these things seriously. More so when we can't reproduce them. That's why more information is always useful.
mbb

k.ary.n wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:59 pm Yes, please send a video.
Video can be viewed here: https://tinyurl.com/2p9fpee2