Pano2VR 7 beta

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

We are very happy to announce the first beta of Pano2VR 7.
It has many updates and new features.
Please see our blog post which can be found here: Pano2VR 7
The Garden Gnome Team
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
dennisvanduijn

Hi!

Right after I saw P2VR 7 beta came out, I purchased an upgrade. After watching the introduction videos I started to continue to work on a recent project. Without changing anything to the project files, I generated an output. The result showed me some unexpected differences with respect to P2VR 6's output. Surely I'd expect backward compatibility, but as it's a beta, I can also expected it came with (known) issues. I don't want to take over the responsibilites of the testers who certainly already did a great job, but might there be a suitable location to raise findings? And before raising them, it would be handy to consult a list of known issues, to avoid duplicates. I would be happy to contribute.

Cheers!

Dennis
Commercial 360° tours ● Gamified 360° tours ● Officially since 2010

https://okijk.nl
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dennis
Please send any issues in to support, link below, V7 has had many changes.
But you are correct, where possible there should be backward compatibility.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
360Texas

Sent this by support@ email and now here

Martin, have been watching your 7b upgrade video’s. Yes there is enough that is worth upgrading to 7.

Both our personal and business computers.

Great job on the videos

Dave
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
k.ary.n
Gnome

dennisvanduijn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:41 pm ... And before raising them, it would be handy to consult a list of known issues, to avoid duplicates. I would be happy to contribute.
Thanks, Dennis!! We have started a list of known issues here and we'll be constantly updating it: https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/whats-new/#known-issues
dennisvanduijn

Hi Karyn, thank you for the overview.

I scheduled to create comprehensable reproduction scenarios of my first findings, and I will send the report as soon as it's ready. Without any details yet these are three findings so far:
  • Point hotspots do not follow the scale percentage in their skin properties. Even if they are set to be 50% the elements part of it just stay 100%.
  • Text boxes now need an html end of line statement (<br>) to start a new line. Usually it would just be enough to hit enter.
  • Using a logic block following a custom variable to change text color doesn't work in some cases. I have to find out the exact situation.
Kind regards,
Dennis
Last edited by dennisvanduijn on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commercial 360° tours ● Gamified 360° tours ● Officially since 2010

https://okijk.nl
Sergey Burov

Hopki wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:45 pm We are very happy to announce the first beta of Pano2VR 7.
It has many updates and new features.
Please see our blog post which can be found here: Pano2VR 7
The Garden Gnome Team
Hi! I have a Pano2vr 6 key. Do I need to pay extra to install Pano2vr 7 pro?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please log into your account and under License Keys select "upgrade".
You will then see the cost of upgrading.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
greg14369

A pint or two to anyone who can tell me how to turn OFF the compass heading markers in v7 - it seems to be permanently on regardless of the shortcut "N". So far I'm really impressed with this upgrade... smoother, faster, even if I do use Windows. :)
jose maria

I have just installed version 7. I have tried my main project and it does not generate when I push the Generate Output button.

It is a big one, with around 60 nodes.

I have tried with simple tours and it works. But the big one starts the mapping process with the first node and blocks at 1% forever.

I think the problems is with the skins. When I select no skins it runs. When I choose any skin it crash.

Regads
Jose
k.ary.n
Gnome

jose maria wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:24 am But the big one starts the mapping process with the first node and blocks at 1% forever.
Thanks for the feedback Jose! We are looking into this issue.
k.ary.n
Gnome

dennisvanduijn wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:12 am
I scheduled to create comprehensable reproduction scenarios of my first findings, and I will send the report as soon as it's ready. Without any details yet these are three findings so far:
  • Point hotspots do not follow the scale percentage in their skin properties. Even if they are set to be 50% the elements part of it just stay 100%.
  • Text boxes now need an html end of line statement (<br>) to start a new line. Usually it would just be enough to hit enter.
  • Using a logic block following a custom variable to change text color doesn't work in some cases. I have to find out the exact situation.
Kind regards,
Dennis
Thanks a lot, Dennis! We'll check them all out and will keep an out for the detailed report.
k.ary.n
Gnome

greg14369 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:36 pm A pint or two to anyone who can tell me how to turn OFF the compass heading markers in v7 - it seems to be permanently on regardless of the shortcut "N". So far I'm really impressed with this upgrade... smoother, faster, even if I do use Windows. :)
You owe me a pint. ;) Click the Compass button in the Viewer settings.
Attachments
compass.png
compass.png (438.98 KiB) Viewed 1428695 times
greg14369

Two... one for being a yank and another for not turning on my Viewer Settings.
Cheers :)
CStüben

Hello Hopki,
i just wanted to get the key for 7 pro. I went to my account, license keys. I have a two seat 6 pro, i want 7 pro 1 seat.

When i click on the upgrade button, i get two choices...

Pano 6 vr pro, 2 user, upgrade price 350,--

Pano 7 vr (no pro), 1 seat, upgrade price 100,--

What to choose?

greetings from germany
Chris
---
Die Welt ist eine runde Scheibe.