Pano2VR 7 beta

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
If you have a Pano2VR 6 pro 2 user license, then upgrading will upgrade to a Pano2VR 7 2 user license.
There is no light version anymore so Pano2VR 7 is the full tour builder.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
CStüben

What i did already...

converted a v6 project to 7b1a.

on osx 10.13.6: very instable, either aborts when opening the project, or when building the html output.

on windows 10 latest update from today: runs more stable, but maps (leaflet) generated empty output.
---
Die Welt ist eine runde Scheibe.
THunter

Hello,

I’m not sure how to add a URL (or action) to an image element (the image pinned in the pano). I went into the Skin, but can't find where to do this, and I looked online for info (https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/pinned-m ... ges-props/ or https://ggnome.com/doc/images-props/) , but didn’t find a solution. Please help, thank you (sorry to bug).

…excited about the new upgrade - Pano2VR 7 (awesome new features) , there’s a few bugs, but I’m sure you’re working on them (thank you). Here’s one (or maybe there’s a solution to this).

After pinning (online) media - using the “Web Elements” (website, youtube video, etc.), I noticed the media its not uncontrollable, if it’s not pinned dead on (at an angle), or too small. …actually the media is controllable, but with the cursor not directly over the pinned item (way to the side, or very off centered).

Also when spinning the pano over the “Web Element”, the pano wants to keep spinning until clear of the “Web Element”, (with cursor not engaged over element - in undrag mode), like two magnets pushing away from each other. …not sure if you’re noticing this?

Pano with just "Image Elements" - https://tomhunter360.com/smplayhouse/index.html (test pano).

Thank you,
Tom H.
Attachments
Element02.png
Element02.png (655.09 KiB) Viewed 828962 times
Last edited by THunter on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
With the web element, you will see it has a size setting, this is the resolution of the content, as an example if you are embedding a video in an iframe and the iframe height and width is set to 1920 x 1080, then that's the size you enter in the web element, so the web element matches the resolution of the content.
Then you can use the handles to position and size.
If you are still getting issues, please use the attached test image, pin the element and then zip up and e-mail into support with steps to reproduce the issue.
Make sure you include the iframe code, if it's a local file then please include this, so we have all the files to reproduce the issue in the office.
Regards,
Attachments
pano_01.jpg
pano_01.jpg (75.87 KiB) Viewed 828902 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hrvoje

Hi
I also confirming issues with Youtube video Web Element and problem with clicking.
Please look at attached images
Youtube_1 image shows element settings how it supposed to be
Youtube_2 image shows (wrong) clickable area in output. I got this with Developer Tools console.
- blue area shows video, but its not properly fully clickable
- green area shows clickable area
- also green area moves according to pano position.
P2VR 7 beta 1a pro

EDIT: This issue is present in Firefox only. In Chrome and Edge it works OK
I didn't tested it in Safari yet
Attachments
Youtube_1.jpg
Youtube_1.jpg (172.84 KiB) Viewed 828871 times
Youtube_2.jpg
Youtube_2.jpg (155.18 KiB) Viewed 828871 times
Last edited by Hrvoje on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
THunter

Hey Hopki,

Thank you for clarifying “setting the Size” of the “Web Element” media, I didn’t quite get it. …maybe if it said: “Size – Match the pixel resolution of the web content.” (on the manual webpage - “Web Element Properties”), I may have understood it better. All this stuff is a bit intimidating, but I’ve learned a lot thru the years (and still learning).

I was actually Matching the pixel resolution at an earlier time, but it was still giving me problems (that’s partly why I was confused). What I did think about, I was only using the (Pano2vr) “Local Browser”, to view the pano page (which was not working properly), with "Web Elements" (not looking at the pano live on the internet). So I loaded the panorama to my server, and using (my default browser) Firefox to view the panorama, and I noticed it was still giving me the off center problem, then I viewed the panorama in other browsers (safari, chrome), and the panorama was working great with the “Web Element” media! …not sure if there’s a fix for this dilemma (for Firefox browser)!
Thank you again Hopki for your help on this topic (hopefully this gets sorted out)!!!

Test panorama: https://tomhunter360.com/smplayhouse/index.html (working great with safari and chrome). ...please view on Firefox, to see issues!
Please see attached image for Web Element issue (image just shows YouTube play button clickable area, the clickable area issue involves the whole media area - way off center).

As for my main question (above in the first post), I’m not able to add a URL to a pinned Image Element, is this possible? I know how to add actions to “Hot Spots” in the skin tree (to a certain degree), but I can’t find or don’t know where to look for the pinned "Image Element" button or icon, in the tree (that I need to work with) that I would like to add an action to. ...is there a specific learning video for this (couldn't find one)?

Thank you,
Tom H.
Attachments
WebElementArea_firefox.jpg
WebElementArea_firefox.jpg (166.06 KiB) Viewed 828820 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
Please send in an e-mail to support with reference to this post or just ask the question again in an e-mail.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Curtisio

I think I've found a pano v7 bug.

When I create a pano in v7 I can't pan around the scene when click/holding a mouse over a pinned video. In v6 I can.
CStüben

Bug report: reading screen width on v6 / v7

Hi ggnome team,
i have a modified normal.ggt, for reading some parameter, and for reading screen width / height, window width / height. Javascript code is:

Code: Select all

pano.setVariableValue('_href', document.location.href);
pano.setVariableValue('_protokoll', document.location.protocol);
pano.setVariableValue('_domaene', document.location.hostname);
pano.setVariableValue('_host', document.location.host);
pano.setVariableValue('_origin', document.location.origin);
pano.setVariableValue('_pathname', document.location.pathname);
pano.setVariableValue('_port', document.location.port);
pano.setVariableValue('_search', document.location.search);
pano.setVariableValue('_location', window.location);
pano.setVariableValue('_screen_width', screen.width);
pano.setVariableValue('_screen_height', screen.height);
pano.setVariableValue('_screen_availWidth', screen.availWidth);
pano.setVariableValue('_screen_availHeight', screen.availHeight);
pano.setVariableValue('_window_outerWidth', window.outerWidth);
pano.setVariableValue('_window_outerHeight', window.outerHeight);
pano.setVariableValue('_window_innerWidth', window.innerWidth);
pano.setVariableValue('_window_innerHeight', window.innerHeight);
Result on p2vr 6.1.14 is:
http://360.haifischbar.de/panoramen/bei ... index.html

Result on p2vr beta 7 1a is:
http://360.haifischbar.de/panoramen/bei ... index.html

greetings from germany
Chris
---
Die Welt ist eine runde Scheibe.
jose maria

I am experiencing a strange behaviour with the polygon hotspot names in version 7.

Windows
Works fine. When I hover the mouse over the polygon, the name appears and, when the mouse leaves the polygon it disappears.

Android.

When I hover the mouse over the polygon, the name appears and, when the mouse leaves the polygon the name remains in view at the upper left corner.

Apple

When I hover the mouse over the polygon, the name appears and, when the mouse leaves the polygon the name remains in view on the position of the polygon.

In version 6 works fine in all platforms.

Regards
THunter

I'm noticing this also! The polygon "Tool Tip" name still remains in view (on the screen), after leaving of the polygon (on my iPhone)!

Regards
jose maria

I have been using the PDF component and it works fine, but I have a suggestion.

It should be possible to disable the right mouse click menu to avoid access to protected content.

Regards
Jose
michael63

Just upgraded to pano 7, some features should make life a little bit easier for me when I'm debugging some of my links, my milestone is a tour with a 1000 panoramic pictures, many months of work to creating it, wasn't sure if pano 6 would work ( a good 35min to create the first output, not a slow PC) it did work , was happy to upgrade to 7, I will let you know how I get on. ( eveything's is backup just in case )
Michael
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Michael,
I would advise you to make a copy of your project before you start to experiment with V7, not forgetting this is its first beta.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mbb

MacOS, v7 beta

I mainly import cube faces created by krpano into Pan2VR. After doing so, I set pano2vr to convert these to Equirectangular. This way they are in the layered resolution format that P2vr uses.

This no longer works properly in the v7 beta. The Equirectangular files created are like giant node preview images (with limited FOV) but behave as 360s in the tour preview window. It's very weird. Changing the input type pop-up from "Auto" to "Cube Faces" is also an issue- first, I should not have to select each cube face individually via dialog box, second, even if I do, it fails on importing the first cube face with a memory error or " file '' can't be opened", but then it opens it anyway. In which case, adding the rest of the cube faces still fails to produce a proper equirectangular pano. Note, this is 100% reproduceable.