Pano2VR 7 beta

Q&A about the latest versions
PaulB

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for the sample file, which works fine on my system. I have created another sample from scratch which does also work as expected. So, not sure what is causing the previous attempt to fail, because they are setup identical, will do some more fault finding/testing.

Many thanks
dylan

Hi Hopki
I keep coming up against this isue, have searched this thread and can see 2 other similar posts but with no solution.

I add a pano and choose web output, and output project and it loads in browser fine BUT if I make changes like change skin, or pretty much anything in the Control section like adding menu link or inverting mouse wheel I then go to re-output and it gives a error message box saying 1 errors occurred during build and show details displays "Cannot write to file D:/temp/sunset/output". I have plenty of space on that drive. From this point I cannot recover and have to scrap the file and start again which is getting annoying. The one constant seems to be that on first choosing web output it works and shows Output Folder as 'output' as expected, but when making changes it then loses the output folder (see screenshot) - manually setting the folder back to Output does not always fix the issue.

Really hoping to start using 7 for live projects as it's otherwise great, but this issue is driving me a little nuts :? was wondering when there would be another update to 7?

Cheers,
Dylan.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
Please send in to support with this information.
We can then look at your account.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

When is Pano2VR 7 going to finally be able to convert cubes and cube strips etc to equirectangular correctly?

This has been a reported issue since the beta 7 first came out and it still does not convert properly.

This is "panorama 101" type functionality and the fact that it has been broken for so long without being addressed frankly boggles the mind. All of this worked in v6.

EDIT: Latest 7b5 update appears to have now fixed this. Hallelujah! Thank you :)
Last edited by mbb on Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Javier B

Good morning.

Lately Pano2VR keeps freezing, freezing constantly. If I delete a tour or a Google street view node, it freezes and I have to force exit the program. Other times, it closes while I'm working.
I must say that I have the latest update 7.0Beta 4

All my best,
Javier

Hello.
I was working on a project and as I mentioned in this previous message, Pano2VR closed unexpectedly. Now I cannot open the project. What should I do?
I updated Pano2VR 7.0Beta 5 2 days ago.
Captura de pantalla 2022-10-21 a las 12.54.16.png
Captura de pantalla 2022-10-21 a las 12.54.16.png (367.12 KiB) Viewed 1378747 times
Last edited by Javier B on Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360media

360media wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:51 am Hi Hopki,

all Monitors have HDMI

Monitor 1: HDMI to HDMI
Monitor 2: Display Port to HDMI
Monitor 3: Display Port to HDMI
Graphic Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Regards
Since Pano2VR 7 beta 5 everything works fine. Thanks!
dylan

Quick question and sorry if been answered before.
I have couple of projects and I want to update them using V7 features. Do I need to start from scratch or is it safe to just open the old p2vr project file in V7 and carry on?

Cheers,
Dylan.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
Can you e-mail support?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
dylan

Hopki wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:02 pm Hi Chris,
Can you e-mail support?
Regards,
Hi Hopki. Last 2 times in this thread that I have posted, the reply from you has been has been "Hi Chris" and can I contact support. Not sure if these responses have been aimed at me and if so, puzzled as why you've called me Chris :lol:

Thanks,
Dylan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dylan,
Sorry, my bad.
I would make a copy of the project file and skin to be on the safe side then use these.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
jonathan

Hello,

How to know if the licence i bought on mid july 22 is concerned by the free Upgrade to pano2vr 7

Thank you
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jonathan,
Log in to your website account, do you see both a Pano2VR 6 pro and Pano2VR 7 keys?
If not content support, link below.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
PieroA

dylan wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:08 pm Hi Hopki
I keep coming up against this isue, have searched this thread and can see 2 other similar posts but with no solution.

I add a pano and choose web output, and output project and it loads in browser fine BUT if I make changes like change skin, or pretty much anything in the Control section like adding menu link or inverting mouse wheel I then go to re-output and it gives a error message box saying 1 errors occurred during build and show details displays "Cannot write to file D:/temp/sunset/output". I have plenty of space on that drive. From this point I cannot recover and have to scrap the file and start again which is getting annoying. The one constant seems to be that on first choosing web output it works and shows Output Folder as 'output' as expected, but when making changes it then loses the output folder (see screenshot) - manually setting the folder back to Output does not always fix the issue.

Really hoping to start using 7 for live projects as it's otherwise great, but this issue is driving me a little nuts :? was wondering when there would be another update to 7?

Cheers,
Dylan.
Hi, I am having the same issue, has this got a solution?

Found it. Reason was that it appears that the "default" folder is not saved into the project file, then I left the field empty and set manually the folder in the outup setting and now no error.

---> HOWEVER I now get the following wierd error:

Error loading panorama XML

The pano.xml file is not saved/generated into the output folder. Why?

SOLVED: also the output filename had to be set manually

Thank you
Piero
Bergamo - Italy
Visit my Web site: https://www.pieroannoni.com
Virtual tour web gallery: https://www.pieroannoni.com/gbp
mbb

Pano2vr v7b6 Arm64

Hotspot Preview node images (the smallest "alt" versions) created by Pano2vr skin element are now either "blurry" or super compressed (hard to tell which). Both for JPEG and PNG. This is a new problem with the latest beta. Currently using "spherical" previews, but changing projection doesn't matter.

Example image-
hotspot_alt_preview_node4.png
hotspot_alt_preview_node4.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 1378386 times
3DV

Bug report: Changing the Input Video File with Pano2VR version 7.0 beta6 64bit doesn't seem to work.

In the editor it shows the changed filename, but when exporting the pano.xml, it uses the video filename that was there when the project was first loaded.
When clearing the Input Video File field, it will export the pano.xml correctly, but when assigning a video again, it will export with the old filename again.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets