Oculus VR

Q&A about the latest versions
Ojsoft

Hello everybody.

Panorama Videos on the Oculus can be H.264 5760x2880px

To get maximum quality on this device I want to use exactly this resolution. It happens that Pano2VR can not handle this size. Export is fine but inside the panorama editor the video is black.

I can understand that Pano2VR has limitations on the video size as long as the output works, this is fine with me, but creating an animation with a black preview is very difficult. It would be very nice if Pano2VR just displays the Preview Image always, if it cannot handle the video, so I can work properly on the animation. If the video runs during that time does not matter to me really.

Am I the only one with this problem? Are there other solutions.

If I could make an animation on a image Pano and then copy this one over (export and import maybe) to the video node, this also would solve my problem, but... I did not find any way doing so.

Any other suggestions to work around this problem?

With best regards,

Oliver

PS. As a suggestion to the programmers. If ffmpeg is installed and the video is bigger than 4K just make a proxy video of 4K and use that in the editing while using the original video only if the Pano is saved and or previewed in the browser.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Oliver,
I assume you are on a PC.
Windows does not support large videos natively.
You need to download and install the K-lite codec pack, at which point you will see the 360 videos in the viewer.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Ojsoft

No, I am using a new M1 MacBook Air. I can play 8K Videos fluently, no problem. The video plays on the final webpage and in the preview viewer also, just in the Pano2VR Editor where I want to edit the animation everything is black as I described.

But this is a good point, maybe it has to do with my M1 Mac, I will try on my iMac later and post the results here, wether it works there.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ahh ok M1 Mac, we have seen the viewer does not display 360 videos and we are looking into it.
Intel Macs are fine.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Ojsoft

Yes, I am sitting in front of my Intel Mac now and everything works fine also with higher resolutions. Interesting.

Thanks for caring and answering that quickly.

Since Panos are more of my personal hobby, I am working on that usually at night in my bed with my laptop, I guess I have to change that habit then. :-)

With very best regards,

Oliver
Ojsoft

One question remains. Is there any way to change the pano movie and leave the animation as is?
Or to transfer an animation from one video or image to another? Reuse it kind of?

The problem is. I am currently working on a pano that is taken in many steps. So I take the background first and then I add
moving parts one by one later in the same setting. The final pano will be ready in about two weeks, goes through a big process.
Until then I would like to work on the animation (using the background pano) already. But if I cannot transfer an animation somehow to the final pano video
then this makes no sense.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Oliver,
You can select the animation timeline from one panorama and copy it and paste it to another.
In the timeline to be copied select all, Control + A for windows and Command + A for Mac.
Then Control + C WIn, Command + C Mac.

Now go to the next node, add a clip and then select the timeline and paste, Control + V Win, Command + V Mac.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com