Memory issue

Q&A about the latest versions
mihai bodea

Hello

I encountered a problem with previewing one of my projects. It is a large, flat, panorama (a map) on which I placed some 120 hotspots that open spherical panoramas in iframes (I used a text box in the skin and a Link Target URL value in the hotspot propriety field). Through the skin I added two audio files and a photo and video gallery that open as an iframe hosting an html file.

All seems well, but on one of my computers the preview, be it in GGPKG or in browser (I used both a local server and the preview button in Pano2VR) kept blocking all my computer. So I discovered in Task Manager that this preview keeps using more and more memory, until 100%. I tested the ggpkg viewer on other computers as well and the Memory goes as far up as 7gb.

This virtual tour is at the third upgrade and it worked without any problems until now.
What is to be done? What is the cause to this problem?
What would happen when the tour gets on line?

Thank you,

M
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mihai,
The problem with posts like this is we have no idea how exactly you have built the project.
With the iframe that opens the panoramas, are the HTML pages added as assets or are they on a server somewhere?

You say through the skin you added two audio files.
You should only add small sound files directly to the skin such as button clicks etc.
For anything else, you should use the viewer's sound mode or background sound if indeed that's what it is.

You say this is the third upgrade, what happens if you undo what you did, does it all work as should?
If so then you can then add each new upgrade back until you find what is causing the issue.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mihai bodea

Hi Hopki,

The problem with posts like this is that it sounds like I must do something wrong.
I use pano2vr as I see fit. I do not test the limits of the software and I even bought the latest version because sound did not work anymore on the previous one, which seems strange to me.

Here I uploaded all the necessary files for anyone to see: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I would appreciate it if you could have a look.

Kindest regards,

Mihai
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mihai,
After downloading your project and creating a package it opens OK, looking at my Mac's activity monitor I am not seeing anything odd.
The only thing I would say is as you have added the sound files to the skin Pano2VR has become very unresponsive due to them being so large.
Skins are normally very small in file size and a few MB is considered to be large.
For example with the sound files removed your skin is 28KB, with then in its 327MB.
The skin editor was not designed for this and working with Pano2VR will be slower due to the lag.
That said once the output is created it should be Ok.

I need to check my understanding when you say:
in Task Manager that this preview keeps using more and more memory, until 100%.
I am not sure what you mean, which preview?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
mihai bodea

Dear Hopki,

thank you for the answer.
I am not sure what you mean, which preview?
By preview I mean ggpkg. It keeps using a lot of memory.

Could you, please, give me a solution to integrate the sound in the tour as separate files, so that the skin gets smaller?
The viewer still needs to be able to chose between separate audio files.

Kindest regards,

Mihai
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mihai,
You can add MP3 files to the project file.
Add them to the nodes they will play in.
Or you could add them to node1 but select Node Change, keep.
This way it will be available in all nodes.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com