Source fIle - HDR

Q&A about the latest versions
Marcus

Hi there,

Can you please advise what the best file format for PanoVR to work with is? I'm currently taking bracketed images and then combining them into a single tif panorama.
Given the output of PanoVR will be optimised anyway, I'm guessing there's no need to work with really detailed files. Also, I don't really want to maintain and back up collections of massive panorama files, if they could be smaller and still get the same visual result.

I'd guess using a 16bit tiff, lossless compressed tiffs as the initial source files for PanoVR woud be a good compromise. Just wondering what other people use?

Secondly, if creating indoor panoramas, is it standard practice to use EV bracketed images (and convert them into a single HDR image) for each position - or will a single RAW image usually suffice?

Many thanks for any advice,
Marc
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Marc,
I tend to use 16bit TIFF as my input image file type well.
This is because I may edit the panoramas using the patch tool later.
When you are happy with your input image you can convert it to JPEG, the amount of loss will be next to nothing, JPEG Equirectangular => JPEG tiles.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Marcus

Thanks Hopki