How to reset the color of a polygon to its initial state

Q&A about the latest versions
SergePix

I have a menu with several button to select polygons, by pressing the A button I can change the color of polygon A. But by pressing the B button I would like the polygon A to go back to its original color.

What would be the action I would have to do?
Serge
Version: V7.01
Windows 10
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Laurent,
Button B, just use the same action as in button A but change the colours back to what they were.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
SergePix

Hello Hopki,

I am working on a land lot sale project.

I have delimited each lot of land with a polygon according to the seller's specifications. There are 3 colors which describe the status of each lot of land.

Color1: Lot of land --> for sale
Color2: Lot of land --> sold
Color3: Lot of land --> reserved

Here is a demo link that displays each lot of land. You will notice an "Annotation" link on the left side that displays the status of each lot of land.
https://confortdesign.com/360/domaine-nature/

What I want to do is a menu that will display all the lots of land.
Lot 3-01
Lot 3-02
Lot 3-03
and so on...

Customers can select from the menu the lot of land they want. By selecting a lot number on the menu, they will be able to see that lot on the tour. Since there are several lots very close together, I want the selected lot to be displayed in another color for their view.

I would like, when the user chooses a lot on the menu, that the lot number (button) changes color and that the lot (Polygon) on the Tour, changes color and blinks. Subsequently if I choose another Lot, the Lot previously chosen return to its initial color. And finally if I close the menu, everything returns to its initial state.

I did an action that changes the color of the polygon when it is selected. But I can not reproduce with an action, refreshing the screen in the same way by pressing the function key F5 on windows.

You can see on this link, the menu to choose the lots. So far, only Lot 3-32 is working.
https://confortdesign.com/360/domaine/

Your suggestions are welcome.
Serge
Windows 10
SergePix

How can I refresh the screen with an action?

I need to refresh the screen like when we press the function key F5.
Serge
Windows 10
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Use a GoTo URL action with javascript:

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.19.21.png
Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.19.21.png (84.14 KiB) Viewed 1353 times

Code: Select all

javascript:location.reload();
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
SergePix

If I place this function "javascript: location.reload ();", on the first line, the screen is reset but the following actions are not recognized.

Is this normal?
Serge
Windows 10
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Serge,
Yes because you are calling for a reload of the page, so reloading the panorama with all the default settings.
The problem you have is you will need to go in and edit the project, it is not something you can do from just the skin.
For example, a text variable that is set to "for sale", can be changed by a Set Variable action to "sold".
But on page refresh, the player will read all the default values which will change it back to "for sale".
This means when a plot of land is sold you will need to edit the pano.xml or skin.js file to change the text to "sold".

That said if you use text variable, you can quickly edit the skin.js file.
You would open the skin.js file with a plain text editor, then at the top you will see all the variables and their default settings.

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 10.17.03.png
Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 10.17.03.png (36.49 KiB) Viewed 1336 times

Here you can see three variables in the skin, polt1, plot2 and plot3.
Plot3 is "Reserved", when sold, you would download the skin.js file from the server, change the text to Sold, and upload.
You may even be able to edit it on the server.

The colours of the button can then change depending on the value of the variable, so if built right, on open the buttons cold say Sold, and the polygon could have its colours changed.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
SergePix

Hello Hopki,

I'll try to put all these ideas together to make this menu as simple as possible.

Thank you very much Hopki for your precious help :D
Serge
Windows 10