transitions not right...

Q&A about the latest versions
deedee123

Hi,

For a small side project i'm using Pano2VR to make a simple slide show, with flat images. But i notice the transitions don't turn out nice, as it first removes the first image, before the second one fades or slides in. Any way to have the transition without the first image disappearing while the second one appears?

tips appreciated.
David
Isaac Brown

Hey David,
I always refer to these great videos from Hopki when setting up my image galleries:

viewtopic.php?t=11216

Thanks!
Isaac / IBCreative
deedee123

Hi,
thanks for your message, indeed i know that thread.
however i'm not making a javascript slideshow inside a 360 project, but use the 360 project itself as slideshow. just like the normal (equirectangular) tours, but now with flat pictures. but on normal tours, any new nodes fade in on top of the old one, creating a smooth effect. it seems now with flat pictures, the first one disappears, then the new one fades in, which isn't the intended smooth transition. this is what i like to achieve.
david
Isaac Brown

I see.

What if you made a blank white panorama and then created the gallery in the skin using the methods in Hopkis videos? Just have the gallery always visible in the skin?

External images are great because they can scale and fit the viewport correctly (just like panoramas)

?
Isaac / IBCreative
deedee123

hi,
i especially like the way zooming is possible, while pano2vr automatically slices up the images, so downloading the high-res images is a bit less easy. also of course for the speed of loading the images when zooming in, only getting the required tiles, is something the other script type doesn't do.
another thing is you need to go into the skin each time you add/remove pictures, and i'd like to use a general skin as much as possible, keeping the skin for lay-out and just the project itself for adding/removing items.

so if just the transition would work like with normal '360' equirectangular pictures (the new one appearing (fading in) on top of the old one) it would already work great. but the old one disappears to background color until the new one fades in..
david
deedee123

hi,
i just did a test (should have done this before..) by changing the projection of the images from flat back to equirectangular, and it seems to be a bug, transition is smooth for equirectangular (of course the image looks warped, because the source is a normal picture) and when changing back to flat (properties -> input image type), the first one is gone before the second one fades in at the transition.
didn't find a workaround yet.
david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi david,
There is a bug report in for better transitions for flat images and 360 panoramas.
This will not happen in V6 and is targeted for V7.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

hi,
that's great!
can't wait for V7.
best,
David