360 Stereo Video Tour Output Issues

Q&A about the latest versions
ACoret

Hi there,

This is my first post here so excuse me if this has already been covered somewhere else. I've created a 360 VR (stereoscopic) video tour in Pano2VR and I'm trying to send it to a friend. But when I seem to try and turn it into a .GGPKG package, it only packages one of my videos and leaves out all the rest of them. So after I output the file and change the file to a zip file, export the file to my folder and open it up, I only find the one video file instead of well, many more than that. Maybe it's having issues because of the file sizes? The files are quite large. Any help with this would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Aaron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Aaron,
Interesting, how are you making the package?
Are the stereo videos L/R or another format?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ACoret

Thanks for getting back to me,

Under output, I'm clicking on the no in the box icon to create the following file Seawall Tour.ggpkg
then I'm just changing the file into a ZIP to open it and check the contents. It only seems to package one video file. Maybe there's some limitation because of the size of all the videos?
All of the videos are of course input videos for each tour node.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere. I usually am haha.

Many thanks,
Aaron
ACoret

Hi there,

I know this probably got lost after I was slow to respond to the initial reply I received, but still hoping to see if I can get feedback. Kindly let me know!

Cheers,
Aaron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Aaron,
What is your stereo file?
Is it a single file L/R, R/L, two separate videos?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
ACoret

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the month late reply. There are multiple tour nodes and each node has a stereo video, top/bottom, uploaded as an input video.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Aaron,
Maybe list your steps?
For example, I have a test MP4 stereo 360 video, it's 33.6MBMB and 1920 x 1920px.
Have three copies in a project folder with file names Node1, Node2 and Node3.
Added point hotspot between them and created an HTML5 output, all works as should.
Clicked the Create package button and created a package.
This opened using the Desktop Package Viewer OK with all three 360 videos showing, not forgetting it's the same video copied and changed file names.
Unzipped the package and in the videos folder are all three 360 videos still named Node1.mp4, Node2.mp4 and Node3.mp4.
So I can not reproduce the issue.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
ACoret

My apologies, I just realize I didn't answer the question properly. It is a single file video,T/B. The to are noted itself has a stereo image that is L/R that transitions into a single stereo video that is T/B. No matter how much I play with that, I can't get the issue to resolve itself. When I output everything, of all the input videos I have for each node, only one gets compressed and included in the file. All the other videos are there in the name with an icon, but register as 0 kB.

My assumption is that the file sizes are all too large. The videos are all around 1 GB.

Cheers,
Aaron
ACoret

I created a new project starting from scratch to do a test similar to yours following the same steps. I used some of the same tour Nodes from my previous project, using 3 of them just to keep it simple. I tried to view it on the desktop package viewer, but it didn't work. The videos couldn't load but that's no surprise to me. I've never had stereo videos in this viewing mode, at least on the browser. This was the first time I've tried the desktop viewer.

However when I turned the package file into a zip file, and opened it up, again I saw the icons for the videos, but each of the videos were 0 kB. I'm sure it's because of the size of them. I mean the smallest size of the actual videos is over 2 GB. I guess it's not that big a deal though. I can always send the video separately and just deposit them in the proper folder if I need to share this project with someone else.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cheers,
Aaron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Aaron,
The project you use to build the package, can you send this in, so we have the exact same project to debug.
Also which platform are you using Mac or Windows?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com