workflow for storing custom work

Q&A about the latest versions
wiso

hello,
since long time i havent found a good way for storing custom work. therefore i ask here, maybe someonehas experience or hints?

till the work is completed, i work on my server.

then there a 3 possibilitys. with big companies it is no problem , they have there own servers anbd webspace and get the files (revisions i have to send them complete).

smaller companies have there own webspace, and sometimes they know how to install the html files, sometimes they dont. sometimes they only have websites from web-sites construction kits (e.g. wix.com).

most of them i have placed on my own server. ( dont´ charge fees till now for that) but in the bottom line id like to outsource them to a own webspace, for which they pay there fees and i have nothing to do with that in the next years...
but for such independent/small webspaces i dont find a clever solution.

i dont have experience with AWS . is this the solution?

or has someone another hint for a practicable workflow, or so...

thx,
wiso
Hopki
Gnome

Hi wiso,
AWS does seem to be an option, Tony Redhead wrote up a how-to for this, Amazon S3.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
wiso

thx hopki!

but, can i easy transfer the aws in the ownership of another/my customer? after work is done?

i have to assume that my customers can not create a aws space (hard enough for me, haha..) else i have to do it for them.

is it practicable, that i upload work, transfer the ownership. the customer is the owner, pays the fees and i can also have access to the webspace for changes and revisions ?

maybe someone her practiced a similar kind of workflow?

best regards,
wiso
Hopki
Gnome

Hi wiso,
Why not set it up for them.
You could charge for your time.
Just a thought.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Yes, that is what we did with several of previous customers.... just ask them for server access user name and password. They should let you in to their server so you as a trusted provider can make adjustments. You could do a 'call ahead" to let them know you are doing work on their work from estimated start to end time frame window. It is possible they could set up a special server password which they could cancel after the window has passed.

Side note: We also set up a server special user name and password for our subcontractors to upload their imaging work to our server. After which we could download the imaging back to our desktop so we could post process and stich their work for our project. [ California subcontractor on our Texas Hospital job ]
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com