Controlling tour outside of the tour

Q&A about the latest versions
jetpat

Hi

Is there a way to control elements of a 360 tour from outside of the tour, ie, without re uploading a new tour if you make changes.

I have used 'Direct Node Access' to link to particular nodes in the tour via a browser, but was thinking more of say, making embedded videos appear or disappear without uploading the tour again.

Can it be done with an attached document of changes that it can read while loading the page in a browser?

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jetpat,
I can not say I fully understand the question.
So going to make a guess.

You can use DNA with a variable, depending on the variable this could be used to trigger events on node open.
This does mean all the elements have to be in the tour.

If you want to quickly update an already uploaded tour then you don't need to upload the tiles folder again.
Just the other files, skin.js, and the pano.xml, and if you add graphics to the skin, maybe the images folder.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jetpat

Hi Martin

We have a tour that has videos that appear automatically when entering certain pano images / nodes. At certain times of the year we would like to switch those videos off or on, or change them to new videos, without having to upload the tour each time.

You mentioned about the variable being avalible to be used via DNA, is this a way to do this. Could you explain a bit further how to do that.

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please see this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15454
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/