seems mobile / tablet suddenly stopped working/appearing

Q&A about the latest versions
deedee123

hi,
After a few skin tweaks (that had nothing to do with mobile / touch settings, just some graphic and script changes) i ftp'ed my projects, and they display fine on a normal web browser, but on mobile or tablet, after the initial load (where i do see the tiles building up for a second) , i can still see the skin parts, but the whole background (the scene itself) disappears... never seen that before. tested with firefox and chrome.. (mobile).. what's wrong.. i guess it should be not so difficult to pinpoint . exporting again with my old skin has the same results, seems not to be the cause.
any suggestions?
david
360Texas

link please ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
deedee123

hi,
it's solved already, seems it was some wordpress statistics plugin that messed things up. :(
david
deedee123

Hold on, it wasn't that...
it's a bit hard to troubleshoot!
example link is here:
https://360server.site/dominicanen/
all fine on desktops, and also fine on mobile with firefox, but on Chrome for mobile (android) it loads the initial images and skin, but then suddenly everything apart from the skin suddenly disappears...

my android chrome is latest version, i don' t have plugins running in it.

very odd...

david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Whats the resolution of the videos?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,
thanks for having a look, but i'm a bit confused as there no video in this project. :o
do you mean the tile size?
david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Sorry I ment panos.
The tour does not play nicely at all in Safari desktop.
Also when viewing the thumbnails there seems to be a large active area covering the bottom thumbnails above the controller so not selectable.
The browser is reporting its in a frame, that's in iframe?
Could you send an output to support?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
deedee123

Hi,

thanks for having a look.

Hmm hope it can run smoothly in Safari (can't check easily myself, no apple here..)
Ah yes indeed, some container i added for 'navigation style' had a wrong Z-index, that covered a few thumbnails, that should be corrected now.
the panoramas are roughly 17360x8680 pixels, some a few pixels different.
it should not be an iframe... the index.html is what i export straight from pano2vr...

I already sent a file to support, it's the same project i sent as example for the floor plan error. :oops:

david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Yep looking at your project now, the z-index of the controller is 800 while the menu is at 50.
When you start changing z-indexes then the rule of elements further up the skin editors tree being more forward no longer applies.

When making the project locally its performance is very good.
The only difference with a tour with fewer nodes is the thumbnail images for the thumbnail menu.

I have found a few other things which I will respond to in the support mail, not worth posting here as these are project specific.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com