Adding maps ONLY

Q&A about the latest versions
RAlarcon

Dear Coleagues, is there a webinar or instructions available on how to add MAPS ONLY to a panotour. I have been trying to create a city tour and managed to do the first neighborhood but I can't follow the webinar.s on how to continue adding the maps so I can create a menu for the visitors to choose and view the neighborhood's seprately. I get totally confused with the MAPS and FLOOR PLANS, it should be one or the other.

kind regards,

Rodrigo
360Texas

I understand you are not using:

OpenStreetMap Mapbox or Google Custom Styles

I suspect you have already read the Pano2vr documentation.

https://ggnome.com/doc/maps-custom-tiles/

Do you want your visitors to just open a picture of a map showing 'YOU ARE HERE arrow pointing to a street, building, intersection' ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
michael63

Found this open-source map leafletjs
JavaScript library
for mobile-friendly interactive maps
Wondering if any user has use this open-source map in a tour and is it any good.

https://leafletjs.com/
RAlarcon

Thanks Dave, I been going with the webinars, will read this, so far created one and I am quite happy with it, but need to add another 4 neighborhood s to it via a menu. Because of the floor plan, I'm getting very frustrated. I'm getting old, 😂😂😂😂😂
RAlarcon

Hi Dave, each neighborhood has few nodes each, so want to create a menu with each neighborhood having it own button ie Brooklyn, for example, the button will open that area only and in there will be say 5 nodes, each been a panorama.
Regards,
rodrigo
360Texas

ok. Last December I think Martin created a 2 tier menu (region and neighbor hood) that might serve your needs. I am looking now.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15397

This talks about 2 Catagories but similar to two catagories menus. The download .zip is at bottom of Martins comment
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RAlarcon

Thanks Dave, I downloaded the zip file unfourtanetly it is for the mac not pc so couldn't view it, it open in pano2vr but they are all blank tiles and a blank skin.

regards,

Rodrigo
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rodrigo,
Project and skin files can be opened with Pano2VR regardless of OS.
What's the issue with opening the project?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RAlarcon

Hi Martin, I have opened them and all I get is this on opening with Pano2vr
open screen.png
open screen.png (133.13 KiB) Viewed 5199 times
and when I open the skin I get this
skin.png
skin.png (107.89 KiB) Viewed 5199 times
The jpg are on the folder _macosx

What I would like to do is to have a menu with about 5 buttons, each button when clicked open a diferent map/neighborhood of the city ; each map is of a neighborhood that has 5-6 panoramic clickable nodes, that opens the panorama for that area then closes when a different button is selected by the viewer.
So far as I understood, that I need to separate the nodes and insert them in diferent folders named after the neighborhood, then drag each folder one by one in to pano2vr, this will allow me to work with each neighborhood separetly.
1.- As I start work with the first file after I insert the corresponding map, do I create the menu buttons for the different neighborhoods?
2.- Do I insert a new skin with the new neighborhood map everytime I load the new nodes?

Sorry about this but I am really confused with all of this; I watch all three webinat on map and floor plans, thought it was going to be easy but alas I'm lost

kind regards,

Rodrigo
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
@michael63
In Pano2VR if you select any map other than Google you will be able to select the Leaflet API in the Map Element.

@Rodrigo
Ok, I think we need to get back to basics, the task is to show different neighborhoods on a map, maps, or floor plan.

Questions:
1) Do you want to use your own images of each neighborhood (using floor plans) or do you want to use maps (for example OpenStreetMap or Google Maps)
2) If maps, is it ok to show all nodes on a single map but open with the active node centered in the map?
3) What other controls in the skin, UI will be needed

Once the parameters are understood it will be clear how to move forward with the project.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
RAlarcon

Hi Martin,
1) I want to use maps OpenStreetMaps (Google already have enough money without me having to give the more :D :D :D ).
2) No, I would like to section the map into sections, with the map pins showing the tour in sequential order.
3) The maps of the tour to have clickable buttons/menu vertical onto one side to give access to each section or new map, and the last button to have a close/back to the index page of the website.

Something like this.

regards,

Rodrigo
Attachments
hopki_example.jpg
hopki_example.jpg (447.02 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
k.ary.n
Gnome

What about adding maps for each section and then have the buttons change the maps and the nodes?

1. Add numerous maps in the Tour Map (one for each neighborhood). Choose OpenStreetMaps as the Provider.
2. Link the nodes Automatic Linking > Sequential.
3. In the Skin Editor, add 1 Map Element. Choose the Leaflet API. And then select one of the Map IDs from the Maps added in the Tour Map.
4. Add a button (rectangle) that changes the map and nodes using the Change Map action. Location A = Mouse click > Maps > Change Maps > Map01, etc. And Mouse click > Open Next Panorama.

I'm sure Hopki has a better method and can expand on this using variables and probably tags, but this could get you going in the right direction.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you are using one map element you will be able to use Node Change, Center Node which can be found in the map elements properties.
This will allow you to add groups of nodes in different locations on the same map.
As the project opens the map will center to the active node, zooming out will show the other map pins of that neighborhood.
Zoom out further and you will see the other neighborhoods. This may be preferable and I was asking if this is what should happen.

But what may be better is what Karyn is saying, add a map element per neighborhood.
This would work well as you can set the map element zoom to marker bounds, so show all the map pins in the neighborhood.

You can tag the nodes so they know which neighborhood they belong to.
Then you can use a visible logic block to show and hide the different map elements depending on the tag.
The side buttons can then open the first node of each neighborhood, in doing so the correct map will show.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
RAlarcon

Dear Karyn/Martin, thank you very much for your kind tips, I'm trying to get my head round it, I did all the preliminaries, created separate folder with the names of the neighbourhoods, put them in a P2vr and save it as "TourofGranada".
I created the first tour under the name "TourofGranada.p2vr" using the first set of nodes, the folder name was "realejo". It work fine no problems.

I commenced with the second nodes folder that is call "alhambra", created the skin using the apropiate neighbourhood but when I create the output it shows the "realejo" nodes and map.

Do I need to create a NEW .p2vr out put ie: "alhambra.p2vr" , if so, do I will need to create 5 separate tour? In which case then the menu bit will come in. I will need a button to close the open tour and go back to the menu to choose aneww tour?

kind regards,

Rodrigo
RAlarcon

Hi Martin/Karin,

I managed to finish the individual maps/neighborhood, 3 of them; I have been watching Martins webinar on Importing Panotour Pro in pano2vr Pro.

1) can I import all thre into a Panatour.
2) can I create a cover with a map that will have titles for each location, that will open that particular area?
3) can I use Karin example, with the menus to produce this?
4) can I center lock the map on the skin so it doesn move?
5) What's the KTP file, I only have (.p2vr) or output file

Kind regards

Rodrigo