Is there any action source that can detect screen center?

Q&A about the latest versions
bulentunat

Hello All!

Is there any way to trigger polygons to show their titles by looking at them ( centering them at the screen ) just like how they would react to mouse over/enter. In another words, can we detect screen center location and trigger actions upon it?

--I have done an extensive search on the forum but failed to find anything about it and watched all the videos about it on youtube too. It havent been asked by anybody so hopefully there is a way :)

Thanks in advance
bulentunat

Is there anybody who can help me on this? I have already sent this question to the support email but no answer.. Almost over 48 hours now 🤔 Interesting thing is that, the posts after me are being helped and me waiting here...

This is happening the second time, the support on pano2vr SUCKS "for me" .
Taka

Hello, bulentunat. I'm from Japan.
As far as I know, I don't think you can achieve your wishes with polygons. :(
If that is possible, I want to know too.
bulentunat

All I want is to activate the polygon by looking at them just like how there are activated by mouse over/enter.. Have you seen that before on pano2vr?
Hopki
Gnome

@Taka
Here is the project that bulentunat was sent from support.

tooltip.zip
(24.16 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

It uses three sources of information.
1) does the polygon hotspot have tooltip text
2) what node
3) what pan angle

@bulentunat
Will your polygon hotspots be visible?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KCMangan

@Taka+@bulentunat

Hi Fellow Gnomes;

A bit of advice if coming from 3D software to P2VR...3D heads speak a different language to P2VR; you have to learn how to speak Hopki and Co.( Kudos to Hopki:).
You might be asking for something that is a given in max and maya; but in P2VR; you have to ask it in a different way.

This team is the best I have come across ever...but you need to learn to speak P2vr
Are you in VR Headset/ Phone or Screen based?

Q :"Is there any way to trigger polygons to show their titles by looking at them ( centering them at the screen ) just like how they would react to mouse over/enter. In another words, can we detect screen center location and trigger actions upon it?"

A: Yes.Use the skin editor and add and adjust details per your project.
Explanation: P2VR seems really easy; and it is...
Until you want to customise. Then it is a pain in the ass..:).

For generic tours P2VR is unbeatable; but once you get into the skin editor; prepare to loose your soul.

The skin editor is the control interface; if you want an area within an image to do something; you have to be able to read code/manipulate code.

Texas;Hopki and a few other major contributors can help if you provide screen shots or files..(if Tomas joins in you are on a winner).

Share as much as you can; and once resolved please pass the info back to the community.
bulentunat

Thanks for answer all!

hmmm where to start....

Tool tip solution is actually already exists with the existing polygon usage ( sort of ). Polygon's title showing is good enough for us.

What i am looking for is activating the polygons just like how they are activated on Mouse Over/Enter but on mobile by looking at them.

So when people look at (screen center) the polygons on mobile there will be an activated polygon that has a title.

I hope I was able to explain it this time
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have read this several times now and feel I have not understood at all.

To help fully understand what it is you want to achieve, what should the user see.
So from the users perspective what should happen and when.

Edit:
Ahh, so the polygon does not do anything, it just shows the polygon in the pano highlighting an area with a tool tip.
Going to have to think about this.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
bulentunat

Hopki wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:06 pm Ahh, so the polygon does not do anything, it just shows the polygon in the pano highlighting an area with a tool tip.
Going to have to think about this.
Regards,
Hello Hopki,
Exactly. Polygon wont have any action in it. It will be URL type and no url will be added. The idea is showing the highlighted area and the tool tip when we look at them on mobile. Possibly on desktop too.

This is to show people some tips and details about what they are looking at without expecting them to click or touch on it.
Taka

Thank you.
I thought polygons were boring and special and forgot that they were one of the hotspots.
Arigato :)
Hopki
Gnome

Ok, been having a long hard think about this.
There is no easy way in V6 but there will be an easier way in the next major release, V7 we have no date for this just yet.

The last project we sent has logic blocks that show and hide the text box with pan angle.
To do what you want you would need a timer toggling a true/false variable quite quickly.
Then give it actions to show the polygon using an action filter so it only does this between pan angles.
But it gets very complex to hide it.
I think to this end if you have many polygons then this is a nonstarter, doable but not sure you would want to.

So you can make a more informed decision if you want to pursue this please find attached a project.
In the skin there is a timer, it's running slow and you would make it run a bit faster but I wanted to see the toggling of the variable.
There is also a variable changed action to show the tooltip and polygon.
But there is an action filter stopping the action triggering until the pan angle is reached.

We will be introducing a much more elegant way for detecting pan angles in the next major release which should simplify this.
Regards,
Attachments
ShowPoly.zip
(25.06 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
bulentunat

Hopki wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm Ok, been having a long hard think about this.
There is no easy way in V6 but there will be an easier way in the next major release, V7 we have no date for this just yet.

The last project we sent has logic blocks that show and hide the text box with pan angle.
To do what you want you would need a timer toggling a true/false variable quite quickly.
Then give it actions to show the polygon using an action filter so it only does this between pan angles.
I think to this end if you have many polygons then this is a nonstarter, doable but not sure you would want to.

So you can make a more informed decision if you want to pursue this please find attached a project.
In the skin there is a timer, it's running slow and you would make it run a bit faster but I wanted to see the toggling of the variable.
But there is an action filter stopping the action triggering until the pan angle is reached.

We will be introducing a much more elegant way for detecting pan angles in the next major release which should simplify this.
Regards,

Thanks for this effort Hopki. Although i have given up on this software, I respect your time. I hope you will do the same and answer clearly on my emails regarding my refund request that is been asked on the basis of support guidelines and limitations therefore lack of it.

All regards,
Bulent UNAT
Taka

Hopki wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm Ok, been having a long hard think about this.

Regards,

I am looking forward to it, but please take time to make a wonderful V7. :wink:
I understand that development is very difficult.
Dmitry Chubar

You can use the method described in https://ggnome.com/doc/hotspots-poly-skin/ change the transparency of the polygon when pointing the center of the player to the desired area of rotation and tilt specified in the logic block.