Hotspots not working when posted onto a web site.

Q&A about the latest versions
chrome

Hi
As a newby.........I'm struggling to fix the problem of my hotspots not working when I upload to my website using dreamweaver. I have a series of SWF panos all in the same folder and works perfectly before uploading to my website, the website accepts the first flash pano but will not change to the others when the hotspot is clicked ??????
Would anyone be kind enough to help? :cry:
jotec

Hi,
I had a similar problem when i just used point hotspots. They worked fine locally but not on the site.
I found that I needed to set on area hotspot before setting the point spots and this fixed it.
I made one very small area hotspot with no link and hid it behind the position of one of the point hotspots.
Hope this helps -(please post if it does).
D ick
chrome

Thanks for your reply Jotec....already tried that, and did it again (must be doing something wrong obviously) BUT still no joy!
Does anyone know if I can ask for official help from GGnome and how?

Thanks
jotec

Hi,
Have you tried it with 2 swfs and just 2 area hotspots 1 in each to swap between the 2? Post exactly how you do it and I will try to replicate and see if I can see what is wrong.
D ick
erik leeman

One thing you could try (if you haven't already) is declaring the full URL path to each Flash file.
I have all my hotspots set up that way and it works, without any area hotspot workarounds or whatever.

Erik
chrome

Thanks for your time..........I've tried full URL, but no. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong in dreamweaver?

Dick, this is how I set the HSpots Aerial:

ID=Hotspot 1 Title=blank Url=blank Target=blank. POINT HOTSPOTS: ID=new Skin-ID=blank Title:More Pools Url=pool2_out.swf.

Dont know if that helps?????

Thanks
jotec

Hi,
That seems fine, I assume you are actually dragging out an aerial hotspot on the page?

Have you got it to work with just an aerial hotspot to call the swf?

Just a thought but have you checked to make sure the swf called has uploaded to the same directory as the base one?

D ick
chrome

Guess what??????? Still no joy.
Thanks D ick......will keep trying :?
jotec

Got me stumped.
Can you post a link to the files in a directory, without an index, so I can download and have a go myself?
D cik
jotec

Got me stumped.
Can you post a link to the files in a directory, without an index, so I can download and have a go myself?
D ick
chrome

D ick.................. Whoopie got it, although rather embarrassing :oops: I last night realised (+8hrs GMT, as I live in Australia), I saved the original tour in Flash 9 and uploaded to the web as Flash 8!

Thanks again guys for your efforts.
PS I did however also find I had to draw in the aerial hotspot before applying the Point HS

:D
jotec

Well done,
I often find that it is me being daft rather than the software but I always blame the software :D

Hope it is warmer in Aus than here (-5) roll on summer!

All the best
D ick