doesn't make package anymore?

Q&A about the latest versions
deedee123

Hi,

I'm really puzzled here, pano2vr 'for no apparent reason' doesn't make packages anymore. Normal export is fine, everything works, but when making a package i get the progress screen, but after that, when the explorer pops up to show the package, it's at the root ("my PC", while i enter the folder of the project to put the ggpkg) and nothing's there.
i deleted and re-built the output folders, refreshed the output template... re-installed the program... no ggpkg's... what to do?
david
k.ary.n
Gnome

Where is the output folder being saved? Check that the path isn't absolute. And change it back to the default, "output" or "output/pano.xml" in the HTML5 settings, and test again.
deedee123

Hi,

it's a relative path, didn't change that. normal generation of output is fine, only the .ggpkg don't work anymore. tried changing output template but problem remains.
david
deedee123

..anything else i can try to get package building back? it seems to have something to do with the path.
David
360Texas

Just a guess please check this location: FILES/ Settings/ and what does your OUTPUT for default OUTPUT _____ and default filename ____ ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
deedee123

hi,
the output is "output", and the default filename "pano", as it always was.
i didn;t change that, and the output itself is built fine. it's only going wrong when i'm building a ggpkg package.
there's probably something i changed by accident or whatever, but i can't find it. and all my projects have this problem now.
maybe there is some cache to delete? i'm really puzzled...
david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi david,
Maybe a reset of settings would be the answer but not had this before.
Out of curiosity do you use the normal.ggt or do you select the ggpkg.ggt?

1) Make a backup of any custom skins and templates.
2) Uninstall Pano2VR and run the attached reg cleaner
3) Restart your computer
4) Go to the website and download a fresh copy and install
You will be asked for your key as all settings will be back to default.
Regards,
Attachments
clear_pano2vr.zip
(262 Bytes) Downloaded 113 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

hi.

i'd hate to re-install... so many settings tweaked. i rather just use the zip workaround.

i did change the ggt though, to the one that accepts external value, and tweaked a bit so it takes the player javascript from my server (with the idea that it stays in cache when people see more projects). can it have something to do with that? (seems not so likely as all normal output works fine)

david
deedee123

aha, problem solved. for one project i changed back to the standard ggt. i made a package, and it went good. then changed to my adapted extvalue.ggt, -> also good package!
strangely from now on, all other projects -also- work fine again -without- changing the ggt.

so apparently pano2vr lost some internal program setting which got restored by changing back and forth the ggt of just one project.

odd, but it works again. :)

david
Hopki
Gnome

Very odd, but glad you are up and running.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/