World Wide Panorama - Q3 2021 "SET"

Q&A about the latest versions
360Texas

Courtesy : World wide panorama.org

See also Rules: https://www.worldwidepanorama.org/practical/Rules.html

Also read File sizes, Upload/Edit

This is an Event not a competition. Who? Novice, Hobby, Advanced and Professional Panorama Photographers . Maybe a potential client might be looking to out source and subcontract your company to complete their work.

Next Event
Quarter III/2021: Set
Themes for the other events 2021 will be announced in the WWP Facebook group and the WWP mailing list.

Shooting period is July to September 30.

The preparation server will be open from July 1 to September 30. You can request your own account/profile page on the server during this period.
The new event’s site will be made public as soon as this administrative check is complete.

There will be a Late Edit period after the first edition is made public, and a second, extended edition will be published after Late Edit is completed.

Log in to contribute or create account at https://contribute2.worldwidepanorama.org/login.php

Essay for Set
Photography & Uploading: July 1 – September 30, 2021

Welcome to the latest Worldwide Panorama event! Settle down in the back – are we all set? The theme for this WWP event has been settled, and it is – can you guess? – yes, “set.”

As a theme title and keyword, the word set is exceptionally flexible. It can mean to put down, or it can be the environment for a film or stage play, or it can describe a grouping of similar things, or be the process of changing from liquid to something more firm, to take a specific stance about something, or to set a date, set someone straight, set the table, or set something (or someone) up, set off or set out, set to music, set gems in jewelry

Sometimes when there are so many nuanced different meanings it can be a bit difficult to pick one and, er, set off down a creative path. We hope this set of example meanings helps to set your mind at rest so you can get on with crafting your own creative take on the theme and add your contribution to the... yes, the set of panoramas for this particular event.

Is ‘set’ the word with the most definitions in the English language? Well... in the very first Oxford English Dictionary (which took a staggering 70 years to complete), ‘set’ filled a grand total of 32 pages and listed around 200 different meanings. At that time it had more definitions than any other word. Since then it has grown to well over 400 definitions – although it was eventually displaced from the top slot by the word ‘put,’ and even that is, er, set to be ousted in the next version of the OED by the word ‘run,’ with 645 meanings! The English language has around three-quarters of a million words and even so a fair number of those are working overtime!

So although ‘set’ is no longer the word with the most meanings it’s still rich with linguistic promise and inspiration, more than able to set the creative mind racing. Let’s set those other multi-definition words aside, make them the set we’re not using if you like, and see if we can set this challenge up; set you on the right road as it were. On your mark, get set...

[Edit Note] This is announcement is set to expire in 50 days.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

just noticed that WWP interest has increased and shows 104+ views. That is a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing you work on the WWP.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Views at Pano2vr = 247

Got an email from Erik over at WWP

And yes Pat and I at 360texas.com have taken our unique panoramas and are preparing to upload both in next few days.
I hope you had a nice summer (or winter on the Southern Hemisphere)!

It's less than two weeks for the 'Set' event. I hope you have already prepared your contribution and are going to upload soon!

And I hope you have already decided on "Best of 2021" or planned your shoot, which will traditionally be the fourth quarter event.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
WWP Admin
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

From WWP

Only 3 days to go ! Looking forward to seeing your imaging work.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Another from WWP Erik Krause

Three days left for "Set"...

Hello all,
I hope you had a nice summer (or winter on the Southern Hemisphere)!

It's less than "3 days for the Set event". I hope you have already
prepared your contribution and are going to upload soon!

And I hope you have already decided on "Best of 2021" or planned your
shoot, which will traditionally be the fourth quarter event.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
WWP Admin
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

OK.... Pat and I got ours finished today 30 September 2021.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

The WWP "Set" is now live. Great Showing.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

427 Views total
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dave,
Thanks, for keeping us up to date.
One day I will enter.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/