System time to trigger events

Q&A about the latest versions
JSchrader

Is it possible to use the system time of a computer (either from the server or the client where the tour is running) to trigger an event?

Like open a popup window in a specific place during a certain "real" timeframe?
JSchrader

Ah, c'mon, is all gnomieland on vacancy? :D
Has no-one ever had this case before?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
There is a component that has a countdown timer that changes a variable, this variable can then trigger all sorts of things.
See: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15968
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JSchrader

Thank you, Martin, much appreciated.
While this is not exactly what I need, it might lead to a suitable workaround.

But then for me this will require to use several countowns in one project.
However, with a certain amount of timers, this will create a plethora of variables that quickly will get confusing.

So, maybe even better, is it possible to utilize the other variables of this component to trigger events?
like "hoursToCountdown" = 5, "hoursToCountdown" = 4, "hoursToCountdown" = 3, etc.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
It is not difficult to just add the component again for a second countdown timer, I have added a How To to the post.
You will end up with the same variable name with _1, _2 on the end to keep them separate.
So should not be that confusing.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JSchrader

yes that’s right.
but mind the client wants a pop up every hour in the morning with different text plus another one in the afternoon. that’s just too many different timers :-)
Neal

What you are asking is possible, but I think you will have to modify the code outside of pan2vr. I would require a decent understanding of javascript. But in short, you will need to create a custom event in javascript, add a listener for that event, and then use the functions exposed by pan2VR to pop up the text window. Warning, once you make those changes you don't want to do any more editing in pano2vr. It will overwrite the code.
JSchrader

Thank you. I already have someone going at it.
Javascript always is a good option, I just wanted to make sure I haven’t missed something and be able to do it with what already is on board.