Tab and sub Tab

Q&A about the latest versions
michael63

I will be doing a project with a lot panoramic pictures, where one line of tabs could be overwhelming for the end user, one thought is have a sub Tab category, the sub Tab category image was created in photoshop as one idea, is this a best way of tacking it or is there a better way of achieving this, and hopefully with not a lot of editing of the skin editor, any thoughts or suggestion would be most welcome.
Michael
Attachments
tab.jpg
tab.jpg (102.97 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
k.ary.n
Gnome

You can use the "Thumbnail Menu with Categories" component for this. It's basically already done for you. You just need to create the categorization/Organization, which is all done through tags.

Instructions how how to use it are found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15397
And here's a webinar showing how it's done (found about midway through): https://ggnome.com/gg_webinars/building-menus/
michael63

Thank you karyn for reply for your reply, I will see if it helps me make my project manageable for the end user, the biggest 360 tour I have done is is 250 panoramic, the new project eclipse that project bt a long way and I'm still shooting 360 panoramic for it, with lots of work to be done afterwards.

To be honest I thought most panoramic jobs would be 10 to 40 panoramic, which they are, but on this project someone suggested could I do this be particular thing and I stupidly said yes, i think could be done.

Theory says it should be ok all I'm doing is scaling -up what I have done, what I end up with as a practical example remains to be seen.
Michael
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Michael,
As Karyn says we have a menu with categories.
So you could split your tour into groups then show the nodes for that group, for example:

Group one => node1, node2, node3 (nodes would be tagged with g1)
Group two => node4, node5, node6 (nodes would be tagged with g2)

Looking at the above if you select the category Group one, then the menu will only show nodes 1 to 3.
You can then go back and select Group two, then show only nodes 4 to 6.
This declutters the menu.

We also have a Vertical Thumbnail menu that by default would show all nodes.
However you can use a Set Value Action to set a tag to the node cloner, then the menu will only show the nodes with that tag.
Using the vertical or horizontal Thumbnail Menu you can then have buttons, using the above as an example

Add a button for Group one and give it the action, Mouse Click, Set Value, g1, node_cloner.
Then add another button for Group two with the action Mouse Click, Set Value, g2, node_cloner.
Then finally add another button to clear the tags so the menu will show all nodes, use the action Mouse Click, Set Value,--leave blank--, node_cloner.
The thumbnail menu will then show Group one or Group two or all nodes.

We also have a Thumbnail menu with two categories, so, for example, you could have a tour of many towns/countries, with many houses, and each house with many rooms.

town => house => room

You have many options.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
michael63

Thank you karyn and Hopki for pointing me in the right direction

One day I might learn to proofread, in draft everything looks fine, go live I’m a literature idiot.

Michael