More "seamless" transition between nodes?

Q&A about the latest versions
benu

My objective was to create a zoomable image (72,000 x 36,000 pixels) of a long street, with a toggle feature that jumps between the existing street:

and the new designs for the street:

Homeowners would use something like this to see how the new designs impact their immediate area.

Following this tutorial from Hopki, I created this very simple website to demo the idea for the client.

My concern is that when I click the "toggle designs" button, there is a quick flash as we switch nodes (I'm using the "Cut" transition). I want the new designs to look like they "appear" on top of the satellite imagery, like enabling a layer in photoshop. Using the "Cross-dissolve" transition hasn't worked for me, as it fades out the previous node before fading in the new one, and we still lose that "photoshop-layer-enabled" look. And I don't think I want to try patching such a large image.

Is there anything I can do to make the transition between these images more seamless, without having to lose the background image at any point in the process? Thanks for any help, cheers
kia_faraji

Hi benu,

I think this would require dual players which Martin said will come with Pano2vr 7.

How about using the transparent graphics as an image and using skin action to hide/show the image?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Try using the current version, Pano2VR 6.1.13.
The problem is that you are using flat images which behave differently than equi's.
Also, some work was done with transitions which may help.
But I would try using cross resolve but adjust the time so it's a little faster.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/