Testing Tours on Mobile

Q&A about the latest versions
bay360

Does anyone have recommendations for best way to test tours on mobile? I'm working on a custom skin for the first time and I'm looking for the best way to test responsiveness across multiple devices and quickly iterate. Thanks in advance!
k.ary.n
Gnome

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15523
Curtisio

Use Chrome with the developer console (F12)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Sharing some thoughts.
In the skin editor, you have the Preview button.
This also shows the width and height of the window which is excellent for testing logic block widths when making responsive skins.
On long press when opening the preview, you also get fixed window size options, which can be edited and added to in the settings/preferences, as well as activating "Is Mobile".

Firefox mobile dev mode does not seem to recognise things like VR available, or Gyro.
The same with Safari and I guess also Chrome but not tested.
So in short the desktop browser dev tool seem only to worry about size, but as already mentioned the skin preview already does this.

I think you need an iOS and Android phone running the latest OS, also post the pano up and ask the community to test, asking to list device tested with.
If the images are not for public viewing, copy the p2vr file and replace the Panos.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
k.ary.n
Gnome

Testing the functionality of VR and Gyro might best done using the Integrated Web Server.

However, Mozilla's WebXR extension for chrome and Firefox does a pretty nice job of emulating headsets and devices. You can control the controllers and move the headset. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -emulator/

In Chrome, you can emulate sensors. In the console, click the 3 vertical dots. Go to More Tools > Sensors. No you can change the orientation, location, etc. You can then move the emulated device to test the gyro (but this is a bit wonky).

My favorite way to test responsiveness in design and function is with an actual device using Pano2VR's web server. https://ggnome.com/doc/server/
Attachments
webxr-emulation-chrome.png
webxr-emulation-chrome.png (908.44 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Frankster69

k.ary.n wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:49 pm ... My favorite way to test responsiveness in design and function is with an actual device using Pano2VR's web server. https://ggnome.com/doc/server/
Thank you so much, this is really the best way. I've never given the integrated server much thought, seeing it only as usefull for local rendering on my PC. I read up a bit by following your links and have it working now.

Fantastic! Now if I hit the Generate Output button, all I need to do is refresh the browserview on my phone and I can live-preview. I now managed to build and adapt my splash-screen for mobile in minutes with no hassle in viewing how it works on my phone :D

regards, Frank
Neal

Are you wanting to test the functionality or the responsiveness of the pano? You can get a rough idea using those methods above. However, those are all tied to your machine, your browser, and your operating system. So they will only be 80-90% correct. If you want a better test you will need to use one of the online services that allow you to load your website on a device. You can generally select a device, operating system, browser, and bandwidth. That will allow you to test the functionality under those conditions. To determine responsiveness, there really is not a perfect method outside of having that setup.