Esri ArcGIS Collector application

Q&A about the latest versions
JBell

My agency is looking into using the application called ArcGIS Collector made by Esri. We love Pano2VR Pro to produce our VR projects, its reliable, stable and predictable. We also use Esri products for our work. Is it possible to request a feature set, that combines the Collector as a front in loader for the positions of our sphericals.

We shoot anywhere from one spherical into the thousands for each photographer at our sites. It’s not unheard of to document large areas, that need spherical imagery. With the Esri’s products we can have gps coordination for each spherical or as in the Collector case, a location mark on a plan or aerial image of the scene.

Is it possible to ask, the Garden Gnome software designers, figure out how we can use this product to speed up the links in our projects and speed the production of our VR projects.

Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi JBell,
With regards to Esri ArcGIS Collector application, as far as I can see this records the GPS data, it would be far beneficial if the camera taking the panoramas recorded this and added it to the image.
Then as soon as you dropped the images into Pano2VR, the nodes would be placed on the tour map.

Some devices also record heading, so Setting North, for example, the Theta Z1 does this but the Theta SC does not.
With the Z1 if you always pointed the camera North when shooting and your phone was strapped to the tripod, this would give a fairly accurate map pin placement, then all you would need to do is auto-link the nodes.

I have seen in the past applications that can batch inject GPS data into images using LightRoom, not used it myself but my only thought about this is does it also record the heading which is needed for auto-linking?

What may help us understand the request is other than the above what other information does ArcGIS Collector give you and what would you want Pano2VR to do with this information?

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JBell

Thanks for responding to my question and request. One of the biggest reason, we are moving into this direction is that we work in locations that do not get GPS signals and or the compass is being interfered with by the building construction materials like cement and steel beams. The program permits the use of preloaded floor plans, which we can mark the locations and other details in the application, which then would be uploaded to the cloud when we have connections with the internet. This is very useful for stadiums, industry plants, even basements of buildings.

What I understand is the program produces a list of details from our markings on the floor plans. This is exported out as a spreadsheet format file. It would be nice to be able to provide that export as an input into Pano2VR, which we can then marry up the linked mark on the floor plan with the spherical images.

This will differently speed up the process and also permit others who are putting the projects together, an easier way then checking a large floor plan/map for the spherical locations.